Phil in the Blank

RedLetterMedia Appreciation society

Anyone else here just love Redlettermedia here? I just love the Plinkett Reviews and Half in the Bag. If you can look past the dark humour (which I enjoy and only makes it better IMO), the guys analyse film better than almost anyone out there.Here is Plinkett's latest review, Titanic.http://blip.tv/redlettermedia/mr-plinkett-s-titanic-review-part-1-of-2-6470293

• Like 1

Not really. I think some of they're reviews are just awful and they often get caught up in semantics, hypotheticals, and hilariously unrealistic levels of criticism on some things.Plinkett's reviews of the Star Wars prequels were definitely some of the greatest shit ever though. His Avatar one was good but predictable(like the movie itself ironically), looking forward to watching his Titanic review.

I think they mock those unrealistic criticisms you mention. Their Prometheus and TDKR 'questions' videos are funnier when you realize they actually liked those two movies. They don't like nitpicking movies to death... those 90 minute Star Wars reviews had a surprising lack of fanboy slobber to them.

Big Fan. The fundamental flaws he points out in the SW Prequels and Indy 4 are dead on. Every film-maker with blockbuster aspirations should watch them to understand the importance of getting basic popcorn storytelling right. Odd that he's done one for Titanic since it's basically a decent film, but I haven't seen the review yet. *goes off to watch it*