tommycruise

Angry Birds | May 20, 2016 | Best reviewed video game adaptation ever

11 hours ago, johnboy3434 said:

Well, you can change the title. I just fell below Final Fantasy on the Tomatometer. Only way to distinguish itself now is with the Cinemascore: The goal is A or A+ to grab the all-time high.

I am a bit disappointed with the RT, I think it was over 60% at one point(?) Very happy how the box office $ is looking for this, thou. 

Well, so much for this film being notable as a video game adaptation. The Tomatometer continues its plummet, and the target audience has given it the resoundingly "meh" Cinemascore of B+. It's not good. It's not bad. It's a baseline movie.

Edited by johnboy3434
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Well, Nintendo recently announced they'd try venturing into filmmaking again, so it's not completely impossible.

Plus there's this:

http://gamerant.com/rumor-nintendo-disney-partnership-movies-games-toys-342/

I think if there's any hope for a decent video game adaptation it'd be from Disney

Zelda by Disney would be fucking mind-blowing.

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

Need I remind you guys of the Super Mario Brothers movie?

I am well aware of the Mario Bros movie. CT though has the advantage of an emotional narrative already built in, and if some of WDA or Pixar's talent could be involved it would have the potential to be amazing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Besides the three Pokémon films that they dubbed for American theaters, that remains the only wide-release film based on a Nintendo property. When they said it made them distrustful of Hollywood, they fucking meant it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

It wasn't made by Nintendo, and it's the reason they've refused to let people outside of Japan do adaptations of their own properties, for over twenty years, so yeah, no need reminding us.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Please don't. None needs to ever be reminded of that.

Actually that a movie has a pretty defending fanbase. I've seen some great videos online defending that film. I don't hate it personally, I think it's okay.

10 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Actually that a movie has a pretty defending fanbase. I've seen some great videos online defending that film. I don't hate it personally, I think it's okay.

Good God, really?

I mean, the movie itself is actually okay if pretty forgettable but it's just not a Super Mario movie.

22 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Good God, really?

I mean, the movie itself is actually okay if pretty forgettable but it's just not a Super Mario movie.

Yup Goodbadflicks did an episode on it, and Rerez has done a "positives" video, on it, just to give you a few examples.

On 19/5/2016 at 5:25 AM, Spaghetti said:

I know the reviews seem to criticize its (intentional or not) anti-immigration message, but part of it seems more like anti-imperialism to me - the pigs seem to have stronger technology and a more advanced civilization, thus taking from the more 'peaceful' birds. 

There's a 95% chance I'm reading into this way too much, but it's definitely a minor issue when kids movies accidentally teach terrible lessons.

There's no such thing in the movie.

The pigs are welcomed by the birds when they first arrive.

• Like 1