tommycruise

Angry Birds | May 20, 2016 | Best reviewed video game adaptation ever

$36 million 

$118 million 

I don't expect big numbers for this, even if reviews are good. It'll have Alice 2 and TMNT 2 taking away family audiences over its second and third weekend. By the time it gets some breathing room, Dory arrives on the scene. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cookie said:

I'm honestly getting a bit worried now that 4chan/8chan may have been on to something.

I think it's just people seeing what they wanna see. Projecting has always been a thing with fiction. I obviously haven't watched the movie yet though, so who knows.

8 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yeah, I did. Doesn't mean that the initial reviews couldn't have been affected by such thing, though.

Eh, there was also a faction who was all too eager to dismiss Cars 2 for being a sequel to Pixar's weakest film, so if it turned out "not as bad as they expected" they may have ended up wording it "pleasant surprise". 

Of course, not everyone truly hated Cars 2, and I'm sure not everyone will hate this either. I expect the first few reviews on the RTM thread to say something along the lines of "fuck critics and/or pretentious film snobs"

There actually were quite a few people losing their shit on Mojo because Cars 2 was getting trashed. I specifically remember somebody taking my "five stages of grief" post from the Green Lantern debacle and edited it to reflect the meltdown in Cars 2 thread.

Summer 2011 was fun.

Edited by cookie

8 minutes ago, cookie said:

There actually were quite a few people losing their shit on Mojo because Cars 2 was getting trashed. I specifically remember somebody taking my "five stages of grief" post from the Green Lantern debacle and edited it to reflect the meltdown in Cars 2 thread.

June 2011 was tons of fun.

Very true dat. People really got on my case for planning on skipping the movie. I couldn't believe anyone would defend it so passionately.

Still, I don't think Variety and THR's critics were in that mindset.

Edited by tribefan695