The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

86 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

truly epic, fantastic characters, but it's thematically ridiculous. a bit too much, um, let's say monarchy for me to take at times. but i'm probably just too grumpy at the moment.

7/10

Edited by lisa

truly epic, fantastic characters, but it's thematically ridiculous. a bit too much, um, let's say whiteness for me to take at times. but i'm probably just too grumpy at the moment. 7/10

Shock Le Bloom. in a Bad French Accent. As I love this movie.

Perhaps to me the film that captures what I think of Middle Earth to be the best...

It really has a great and epic story with the Fellowship going together...

Perhaps it is the film that really blew us away with its amazing visuals at that time...

Seeing the great hall at the Mines of Moria or seeing the Two Kings standing guard at the river...

9/10

• Like 1

truly epic, fantastic characters, but it's thematically ridiculous. a bit too much, um, let's say whiteness for me to take at times. but i'm probably just too grumpy at the moment.

7/10

Dude I am brown, stop being offended for us when you don't need to be.

Who remembers this epic scene from this film...

Really made you wonder in amazement at the scale of the world in LOTR

That scene is magnificent. A relatively simple shot, yet it creates such a sense of wonder, suggests so much history. More genuinely immersive than the best 3D in the world... just makes you want to stay in the film's universe for as long as possible. I miss this PJ.

• Like 2

Dude I am brown, stop being offended for us when you don't need to be.

i'm not offended at all, i just find the movie completely ridiculous. it's silly, not offensive.

and i still enjoy it a lot anyway.

edit: and if you really want i've changed it to monarchy, in case anyone thought i meant there's too many white people in the movie. it's the traditionalism, bloodlines, kings and all that stuff that i find hilarious, and it tries to make you proud of it. i don't know, it was european in a way that i associated it with 'whiteness'. sue me.

Edited by lisa
  • Like 1

However its set in the past though...

Of course its going to be based on such things..... 

The point is not oh believe in autocratic rule!!

Its a film about the fundamental clash between good and evil. 

Not really...

One side you had a dark lord ready to enslave the entire world and then you had people who may have been flawed but stood for "good."

Lord of the Rings is a bit of an old style movie as its not very dark or cynical or realistic but it a film about the fundamental battle between Good and Evil.

Fishnets jk lop :)

I don`t take this joke lightley at all. I would never vote F for FOTR unless F stands for Fantastic which it doesn`t in this case. I`d vote F- (F as in Fail)  for Shitturds on that default alone and FOTR ain`t a Shitturd.

Edited by fishnets

The Hobbit was imo everything that FOTR wasn't. FOTR is what movies are all about.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

BTW, Sean Bean >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>McKellen. Bean should have bene nominated because his role was much tougher. McKellen was charming and funny but the Bean was amazeballs.