The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

86 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

:) Weathertop is mostly awful. The whole Black Rider stuff into Bree is generally crappy too. It feels awkward, it's slapshod, it doesn't particularly work as horror or action or drama, and it feels like PJ's still getting a grasp of the material.

You shut your filthy whore mouth!

• Like 8

I watched this again today to get the juices flowing to see the Hobbit, but all it made me do was miss the brilliance of this trilogy, so yea, probably hurt my desire to see the Hobbit more than it helped tbh >__>. Everything about this movie is just so iconic and memorable. Hobbit I cannot even remember any character's name or one musical note or magnificent shot. This movie is just so full of them, and that's only the first one! The music is one of the best scores in modern history. Everything about something like the Moria scene feels so practical and visceral. Just spectacular. I think PJ was starting to get in his own ass with the multiple endings and multiple deus ex machinas in ROTK, but the first two are absolutely blockbuster perfection.

• Like 1