iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

How much has Nikki received from WB to pimp this as bigger success than it really is? I don`t recall her pulling for a movie so much and calling averige results "record breaking" in capital letters and then "for December" in microcopic like she does here. No "No record" like with TA which she rushed to dismiss.

Avatar, Avengers, TDK are wondering what you are talking about?

She`s right in general. It takes a special movie to raise attendance. It isn`t somehting that happens every day or for every movie. Which, again, proves your point that if a movie`s attedance isn`t high than it isn`t special. Edited by fishnets

Avatar, Avengers, TDK are wondering what you are talking about?

Well, there were three this year, none last year, none in 2010, two in 2009 and one in 2008. Six in five years. Try two in 2001, and three each in 2002, 2003 and 2004. 11 in four years. This is for movies >50m tickets.

Well, there were three this year, none last year, none in 2010, two in 2009 and one in 2008. Six in five years. Try two in 2001, and three each in 2002, 2003 and 2004. 11 in four years. This is for movies >50m tickets.

The Hobbit is special. :)

Try being a Twilight fan lol.

I wanted to create TH under BD2 club but I guess it would have been locked. That was way before BD2 came out, around the time of the trailer. I still hope Twihards gets vindicated by the success of my never created club.
  • Like 1

I don`t recall the same argument when BD2 was turning rotten and it earned A at Cinemascore. You guys were saying, sure, fangirls inflated the rating. Well, guess what? Fanboys always inflate the rating for a franchise movie. Cinemascore is not accurate for movies with built-in fandom because fans flock to cinemas OW and get polled. Now, I`m reading a huge spin that TH OW is driven purely by GA as if TH built-in fandom suddenly disolved into thin air. That`s rubbish.

Um I never said anything about BD2 and I certainly have not been in the The Hobbit huge opening weekend club. I'm just pointing out that it's fun when critics give movies bad reviews and the audience says otherwise.

I wanted to create TH under BD2 club but I guess it would have been locked. That was way before BD2 came out, around the time of the trailer. I still hope Twihards gets vindicated by the success of my never created club.

Why didn't you? Had a chance, but missed it.

Guru is really using a different math.

He's expecting it to play like a family film. On OD, it played like a sequel so I doubt it behaves like what he's saying but one can hope.37.5M35M25MI'm not sure that's realistic but we'll see how it plays out over rest of the weekend.