Shawn Robbins

VOTES REQUESTED: Do you feel the forums have become too negative at times?

93 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel the forum has become too negative at times (with regard to how people talk in general and/or to each other)?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you post and/or visit the forum more frequently if such negativity was better monitored and controlled?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

So who cares if I like their post

AGAIN! Well I guess I do, for one, as when you are being insulted, it leads to this > Do you feel the forums have become too negative at times?

and this >>> The problem is the small group that doesn't respect those differing opinions and begin using their arguements as an excuse to throw around negative personal attacks.

And at the least, it shows you going against me and also egging him on to do it again. And correct me, if this is against any rule > not allowing people to comment on the likes of others????

If you have a problem with me liking a post bring it with mods. I feel like there is nothing wrong with me liking a post. 

Fine/I agree....

and there is nothing wrong with me commenting on you liking that post...as it is on the board.

As it is the same, as you quoting it and saying, I Like This!

Edited by CHECKMATE

This place would be so boring if everyone was always agreeing with each other praising every bit of movie news we get. I bet the traffic would be down like 50% too, half the fun of posting on forums is having discussions with people you don't agree with.

Your exactly right as that happened! Boring! Traffic Down!

This is so true!!!!! It is nice when people are allowed to have a debate and discussion on the facts and issues.

Just look at the politics forum since I was locked out of it.....Dead to the World!

It absolutely has. Theres nothing wrong with having a difference of opinion, but there are quite a few posters that only seem to be here to attack others with whom they disagree with. I'm honestly surprised nothing has been done about this, especially with the more well known offenders.

I still love this place for boxoffice purposes, but as far as actually discussing and reviewing movies, I almost entirely do that over at the cinema forums on somethingawful now.

I agree with what I bolded above!

Edited by CHECKMATE

Checkmate, in all seriousness. If you want to plead for staff to take action against a particular member, the public forums are not the appropriate place for that kind of material.

Not talking about 1 member as I mentioned other people....just showing how this place could be better with less negatives and Better MOD monitoring, for all the rules and all the people.......

Also I think this thread should be locked??? But if it is going to stay open, I guess we should use it....

Edited by CHECKMATE

Movie Man, your big problem is you think you're better than everybody else. I would respect your opinion on Obama if you didn't rub it in our faces in bold. You have about the same power as us, and you have the same mouthpiece as all of us, so say what you should say.

• Like 1

Movie Man, your big problem is you think you're better than everybody else. I would respect your opinion on Obama if you didn't rub it in our faces in bold. You have about the same power as us, and you have the same mouthpiece as all of us, so say what you should say.

So I rub it in.Well I am only stressing a point. Which doesn't deserve extra abuse. And talking about rubbing it in. How about the way some people use pictures like you above to make fun of things. How people use smiles to make fun of people as they are pointed. Which I pointed out before and was told was ok. And again, using the like button when someone is insulting another user. Etc etc etc. So try looking at both sides.And really so many first have to work on, not hurling insults and attacks instead of debate and discussion. Edited by CHECKMATE

And talking about rubbing it in. How about the way some people use pictures like you above to make fun of things. How people use smiles to make fun of people as they are pointed. Which I pointed out before and was told was ok. And again, using the like button when someone is insulting another user.

Seriously, why the hell do you have a problem with this? Is it that much of a problem what someone likes?

Checkmate if you have a problem bring up with mods or if feel like the mods are being unfair and you do not like this site. Than stop posting on here. You complain all the time to the mods about not being treaty fairly but in reality the mods are doing a lot for you. They easily could have banned from the site.

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

Checkmate if you have a problem bring up with mods or if feel like the mods are being unfair and you do not like this site. Than stop posting on here. You complain all the time to the mods about not being treaty fairly but in reality the mods are doing a lot for you. They easily could have banned from the site.

I know right. If mods weren't treating him fairly, he'd been banned for 6 months all the way back in February. Mods have given him many, many chances.

Dexter. My posts are in relation to the thread subject. Check it out if you don't know what it is. And again there is a big difference between discussing, debating and explaining rather than complaining as you call it. And please tell me what rule I have broken here, which I should have been banned for. (Which hopefully you will want it applied fairly to all other users.)

Dexter. My posts are in relation to the thread subject. Check it out if you don't know what it is.And again there is a big difference between discussing, debating and explaining rather than complaining as you call it.And please tell me what rule I have broken here, which I should have been banned for. (Which hopefully you will want it applied fairly to all other users.)

This thread is not about quoting people and bring it towards the mods attention. If you have a problem with a user bring it to the mods. Do not post in here.  It looks like you are spamming/trolling when do that. You have been treated very fairly. I do not get where coming from that you are not being treated fairly. 

• Like 2

Dexter. I remember you doing the same thing by copying in my posts into threads to make your point.

And I was just showing examples of here of what I consider un-needed negatives, as per the subject

And Especially since no Mod has questioned them. Why don't you stop trying to play Mod here. Imo.

I am trying to help the forums.  You should try to be more positive from now on stop being so negative. 

I now the topic is called "Do you feel the forums have become too negative at times?" Please stop being such a negative ned in this topic and all topics you post in. 

Posted Image

• Like 1