Shawn Robbins

VOTES REQUESTED: Do you feel the forums have become too negative at times?

93 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel the forum has become too negative at times (with regard to how people talk in general and/or to each other)?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you post and/or visit the forum more frequently if such negativity was better monitored and controlled?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Here`s an example of celebrity trashing that resulted in a perosnal attack:

JLaw is a great perosnality. I can`t stand attention whores who bullshit about "retiring" and wanting to try "writing" and "directing" and "philantopy" although few years have passed since their big announcement and they are still doing the same old. What poseurs and turn offs.

or you know they tried it and weren't satisfied with that. After all almost every single being on this planet as changed there mind before .

My sister quit her job to be a full time writer, after. Six months she returned to her job and writing on the side because trying to write full time was boring her to death.

But in your delusional mental state that person has to be a poseur or an attention whore. What a pile of crap.

Did your sister announce that to the press? No. And I don`t recall any of the fakeo`s to admit they were wrong, that other activity isn`t for them,etc. They are just whoring for attention. real deal like Ben Affleck didn`t announce anything. They did it and blew everyone away. There. Lilly`s a fake and a poseur. Deal with it.

Also, why are you insulting me perosonally when I said nothing against you. I don`t even know who you are.

BKB's too outlandish to be offensive. Now Nolan's Batman has finished there's nothing else for him to rally against anyway - his MoS attacks are far more half-hearted.To answer the OP, I've never found this forum to be too negative. It has a decent amount of 'characters'.

I find these forums to be quite cozy tbh. The posters on this site I find to be a respectable bunch, even if some occasionally tend to wander into overbearing territory.I often visit the Hollywood Reporter for the latest news and their comments section is an absolute nightmare. Practically every comment for every news item seems to come from some sort of right-wing lunatic spewing things like "libtard" or "f**k Obama" to the point of exhaustion. Even the recent Oscar noms suffered from people who said all the movies were crap or "typical Hollywood libtard" trash. It's just an endless parade of non-sensical vitriol.Honestly, to me, the Boxoffice forums are doing a fine job as long as you can step in and take action after a member goes full retard on us by way of insults or harmful swearing at other members.

No. Actually the forums are FAR away from being too negative, and IMO will never be. This is because the major content of the forums is discussing about the numbers, and that requires the users to stay rather subjective. Of cause we also discuss the quality of the films (which is where most of the "negativity" come from), but the numbers are still the key reason why we are here. So, as long as this site is still about boxoffice, I dont see any problem.

• Like 1

Now Nolan's Batman has finished there's nothing else for him to rally against anyway - his MoS attacks are far more half-hearted

Really? Grab your popcorn and post some criticism of The Avengers and the real BKB will chestburst out of himself. Edited by Shpongle
  • Like 1

Really trying to report people who cause trouble, especially with trouble making and childish name provoking. But it is tiring to do when you don't hear feedback or see action from the Mod team.

Edited by Movie Man

• Founder / Operator

Not trying to come off as a dick about this issue, but my advice to each and everyone of you is develop a thicker skin and stop running and crying every time your panties get's in a twist over trivial nonsense like "My movie is better than your movie" and hitting the REPORT button for a bunch of folks who are SUPPOSED to be young adults, at least based on the BOT Faces Thread, you all seem as though you can take care of yourselves, so why the brouhaha over negativity in the forums when it exists in every forum on the internet you go to??? This is absurd Shawn.. You're trying to make this site into being some Brady Bunch squeeky clean forum where no one is allowed to disagree about something for fear of being labled the internets almighty god like term "TROLLING" and it shouldn't be that way.. If you folks don't like it, stop posting in internet forums I suppose, but you can't have it both ways..

BKB, I'm not trying to make the forums into anything other than what majority of people want and that's how we'll continue to run them to the best of our ability. The problem isn't that people disagree--debate is encouraged here. The problem is the small group that doesn't respect those differing opinions and begin using their arguements as an excuse to throw around negative personal attacks.Your post here *is* coming off disrespectful when you don't understand that aspect of the board and that it's you that sometimes generates most of the reports we get. I'll give you credit, though, those have been a lot less common over the last month or two and I appreciate that. The whole staff does.If you don't like the way this board is run or the fact that we demand some level of maturity in the community, then you're free to stop posting here and go somewhere else where you haven't been permanently banned from. I'm not trying to be mean but enough's enough, man. Otherwise, you're welcome to stay if you want to contribute. Edited by ShawnMR

We aren't a terribly negative site, but we do have our trolls.Then again, go to any Yahoo news story about politics and you will see "Obozo" splashed everywhere.But we have our right wings here. Especially Movie Man.In fact, Movie Man's post are getting more disturbing every time. He started as an Obama hater, but now he's saying things like "everyone shouldn't be entitled to healthcare" and "guns are fun and easy to use."

We aren't a terribly negative site, but we do have our trolls.Then again, go to any Yahoo news story about politics and you will see "Obozo" splashed everywhere.But we have our right wings here. Especially Movie Man.In fact, Movie Man's post are getting more disturbing every time. He started as an Obama hater, but now he's saying things like "everyone shouldn't be entitled to healthcare" and "guns are fun and easy to use."

Wrong, true with explanations with backup points needed and wrong.Not that I would expect you to give real facts or tell the truth cause you can't have a civil and fair discussion.

Edited by Truman Burbank

Wrong, true with explanations with backup points needed and wrong. Not that I would expect you to give real facts or tell the truth. High School boy who curses people out cause he can't have a civil and fair discussion.

You don't say things like "Guns are fun to use." It makes you sound psychopathic.So I'm not the bad guy here.

BKB, I'm not trying to make the forums into anything other than what majority of people want and that's how we'll continue to run them to the best of our ability. The problem isn't that people disagree--debate is encouraged here. The problem is the small group that doesn't respect those differing opinions and begin using their arguements as an excuse to throw around negative personal attacks.

Your post here *is* coming off disrespectful when you don't understand that aspect of the board and that it's you that sometimes generates most of the reports we get. I'll give you credit, though, those have been a lot less common over the last month or two and I appreciate that. The whole staff does.

If you don't like the way this board is run or the fact that we demand some level of maturity in the community, then you're free to stop posting here and go somewhere else where you haven't been permanently banned from. I'm not trying to be mean but enough's enough, man. Otherwise, you're welcome to stay if you want to contribute.

Not sure if this is still current, as it seems to be from last year, but it is still pinned...but I agree with this being one problem > The problem is the small group that doesn't respect those differing opinions and begin using their arguements as an excuse to throw around negative personal attacks.