Noctis

Best Performances in Each Film

Sorcerer's Stone - Richard Harris, Maggie Smith, and Robbie ColtraneChamber of Secrets - Kenneth Branagh, Christian CoulsonPrisoner of Azkaban - Gary Oldman, David Thewlis, Emma Thompson, Emma Watson, Alan RickmanGoblet of Fire - Ralph Fiennes, Brendan Gleeson, Miranda RichardsonOrder of the Phoenix - Imelda Staunton, Evanna Lynch, Helena Bonham Carter, Gary OldmanHalf-Blood Prince - Michael Gambon, Jim Broadbent, Tom FeltonDeathly Hallows Part 1 - Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Alan Rickman, Helena Bonham Carter Ralph Fiennes, Jason IsaacsDeathly Hallows Part 2 - Alan Rickman, Ralph Fiennes, Maggie Smith

Edited by Noctis

It is funny how the Defence against the Dark Arts teacher every year usually gives the best performance.SS - Alan RickmanCOS - Kenneth BranaghPOA - Gary OldmanGOF - Brendan Gleeson/Ralph FiennesOOTP - Imelda StautonHBP - Jim BroadbentDH1 - Jason Isaacs, Ralph Fiennes, Alan RickmanDH2 - Alan Rickman

Sorcerer's Stone:-Richard Harris-Maggie Smith-Alan RickmanChamber of Secrets-Kenneth Branagh-Jason Isaacs-Richard HarrisPrisoner of Azkaban-David Thewlis-Gary Oldman-Alan RickmanGoblet of Fire-Brendan Gleeson-Ralph Fiennes (even if it was just a cameo)Order of the Phoenix-Imelda Stauton-Helena Bonham Carter-Ralph Fiennes (again, cameo)Half-Blood Prince-Michael Gambon (finally got this right, and really well too)-Jim Broadbent-Alan Rickman-Helena Bonham Carter-Emma Watson (this was where she was starting to get really good and stand out from the other two leads)Deathly Hallows: Part 1Psh, everyone! (minus Bonnie, who is and will always be a terrible actress)-Emma Watson (win)-Daniel Radcliffe-Ralph Fiennes-Alan Rickman (in his cameo, unfortunately)-Helena Bonham Carter-Jason Isaacs-The guy who played Xeno Lovegood-Rupert Grint (somewhat; much better than he had been)Deathly Hallows: Part 2-Alan Rickman (best performance in the series, hands down)-Ralph Fiennes-Maggie Smith (win!)-Michael GambonOverall, the best acting was in DH1, although the trio of Rickman, Fiennes, and Smith in DH2 is almost as good.

I know everyone always harps on Radcliffe's acting, but I've never really understood it that much. Sometimes, sure, (I'm looking at YOU, "HE WAS THEIR FRIEND!!!)But I thought he was absolutely perfect in the post-pensieve scene in DH2. The look on his face as he's stumbling around/sitting down in Dumbledore's office is perfect. He was much better in HBP/DH1/DH2 than the previous installments.