baumer

On the Road

5 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

This had tons of potential, but never really expanded on it. There are some scenes that really hit the spot and get going, but then it just switches completely and falls into its own trap. Hedlund was PHENOMENAL and should've garnered awards buzz. Seriously will probably his defining role in years to come. Tom Sturridge was also great, even though his role was small. It made me want to read the book (never have), Overall, not horrible, but could've been better. Seriously, though, HEDLUND!

B/B-

• Like 1

Garrett Hedlund is just like :worthy: By far the best supporting performance of 2012. Rivals Riva (There I sad it :P) He's young, hot, talented, and he has a bright future methinks. Rest of the movie is meh. 

• Like 1

Gotta co-sign on Hedlund. I had no idea that boy was so talented. He's incredible. If that performance had actually been in a good movie then it could've taken him places.

See, this is the alpha and omega of stardom. Give insane performence in a shit or meh movie nobody cares about and nobody`s gonna care about the insane performence.Sucks but that`s what happened too many times. 

huh? Don't be ridiculous. :lol: Huge NO. 

So no way out of Razziedom anytime soon? :lol:

Garrett Hedlund is just like :worthy: By far the best supporting performance of 2012. Rivals Riva (There I sad it :P) He's young, hot, talented, and he has a bright future methinks. Rest of the movie is meh.

Hot is the key word here :drool:
  • Like 1

Just saw this and overall, it is an ok to decent movie.  I haven't read the book so I have no connection to it, but I can see why would would be crazy about it.  The movie just seems to have some useless scenes that probably made a lot more sense in the book.

Agreed with the others that Hedlund is easily the best thing about the movie.

Kristen Stewart was ok, but she really wasn't in it as much as it seemed she would be.  Yes you get to see frontal, just breasts, a few times for those that asked :P

Overall, I would say a B/B-

• Like 1

Maybe you guys saw a different cut of the film than I did because K-Stew was naked from the waist up for half the film and it wasn't side shots. When she's in bed having a threesome it's full on breast and when she's banging Sal, there is full chest and when she's in the front seat of the car giving them both handjobs, full boobs.The film itself gets a 6 from me because all this film was about was experimental sex, booze, acid and speeding tickets. Other than that, I have no idea wtf it was about.6/10

• Like 1

Maybe you guys saw a different cut of the film than I did because K-Stew was naked from the waist up for half the film and it wasn't side shots. When she's in bed having a threesome it's full on breast and when she's banging Sal, there is full chest and when she's in the front seat of the car giving them both handjobs, full boobs.

Agreed. It's why I said I my review you see frontal at least a few times. Maybe the versions were different like you said. I know the car handjob car scene was cut differently when I saw the movie. Edited by 75live
  • Like 1