Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates Hobbit 36.7 pg 33

While I`d love TH to fall short of my beloved FOTR, this is the Saturday that could turn things around. So before you pronounce doom and gloom (that I admit would love to remain true) wait for today. All LOTR had insane recovery on Saturday. Of course, if TH is deviating from LOTR pattern is actually behaving like a different movie/franchise, Saturday could not end impressive. But I think everyone should hold their horses.

Hobbit's proving cinemascore means nothing. For a movie to have "A" score and have this absymal legs proves that WOM is mixed to poor not great that the score's projecting.

It just proves that it's naturally frontloaded.Would you say WOM on Hunger Games was mixed to poor? I don't think so. Edited by Elessar

Hobbit's proving cinemascore means nothing. For a movie to have "A" score and have this absymal legs proves that WOM is mixed to poor not great that the score's projecting.

I wouldn't say that. WOM seems good.The better question is :do people (especially female audiences) want to see dwarves walking for nearly three hours in Middle Earth that much ?Tolkien and LOTR fans : Yes.General audiences : not so much.

While I`d love TH to fall short of my beloved FOTR, this is the Saturday that could turn things around. So before you pronounce doom and gloom (that I admit would love to remain true) wait for today. All LOTR had insane recovery on Saturday. Of course, if TH is deviating from LOTR pattern is actually behaving like a different movie/franchise, Saturday could not end impressive. But I think everyone should hold their horses.

Even with an amazing Saturday recovery, 300m seems difficult now, no ?

I wouldn't say that. WOM seems good.The better question is :do people (especially female audiences) want to see dwarves walking for nearly three hours in Middle Earth that much ?Tolkien and LOTR fans : Yes.General audiences : not so much.

But FOTR is bunch of Hobbits walking around so pretty similar in that regards.

But FOTR is bunch of Hobbits walking around so pretty similar in that regards.

True but there were still more humans and it was the first discovery of Middle Earth = excitement.And I repeat for the gazillionth time :TH is NOT The LOTR.

It just proves that it's naturally frontloaded.Would you say WOM on Hunger Games was mixed to poor? I don't think so.

True, I'm just fed up of it's performance so far. Midnights have been the best numbers, unfortunately.Other movies didn't have great increases either so it might rebound rest of the weekend but I'm not holding my breath.