Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates Hobbit 36.7 pg 33

What incentive would PJ have to lie about this particular decision?

Geez, his cred with fanboys dropped. Of course that he would try to hide the prolonged face-saver and cash grab behind "i`m doing this for fans so they cna see all those scenes from the book in the movies." Nevermind that a) fans were very vocal against Katniss wannabe and they didn`t scrap her although that would be doing something for fans and B) Tolkien fans aren`t happy with any addition to TH because it isn`t TH so, again, not acting "for fans" much either. Insufferable poseur. What happened to walking barefoot? That ended as soon as LOTR promo ended after the Oscar sweep. All pose and zero sincerety.

What incentive would PJ have to lie about this particular decision?

Because he's a fat hobbitses who became thin and then fat hobbitses again.....we hates himsNo!! No!! PJ is not fatses...he's just a jollies mansses....Shut up!! We hateses him...that fat hobbitses and his potatoess....
  • Like 2

Elessar is such a contrarian. he`s so rational and objective on TORN that he gets rotten eggs and tomatoes thrown at him by resident douchebags (don`t feel sorry because he tosses them back before they even hit him and poor douchebags end up covered in slime meant for Elessar) but here he is such a jaded PJihadist like those TORN loons that don`t aprpeciate his objectivity over there. I don`t get you. You are smart, charismatic, sexy,etc and don`t belong with the likes of Sunflower, the loonie granny who`s been blabbing about anti-PJ conspiracy by Hollywood since TLB detonated, or some less articulated loons. And yet you emulate them here. Just crazy.

Okay, here i have to respond. I'm not having different opinions here than there. It might seem so because here i have to deal with a bunch of jaded haters, so i'm more in the defender role. On TORN i would say the same, the idea to split the films came from PJ and Co.Thanks for the compliments, btw. ;) Edited by Elessar

Too bad that PJ announced split into 3 movies when BD was already split in 2. Fanboys would shit bricks if Twilight followed the example and made 3 movies out of one books which means the saga would have ended in 2013 and fanboys would have endured more Twihype.

• Like 1

I remember when TPM "only" made 43 mill from its 3D release and people thought it was horrible because TLK made 90 or so. Now you have another PIXAR film doing the rerelease and it makes 5 mill and will probably total out at around 15-18 mill. Not much is said about it though because PIXAR is like the Merovingian around here.

• Like 1

I remember when TPM "only" made 43 mill from its 3D release and people thought it was horrible because TLK made 90 or so. Now you have another PIXAR film doing the rerelease and it makes 5 mill and will probably total out at around 15-18 mill. Not much is said about it though because PIXAR is like the Merovingian around here.

:lol:

French and twisted?

Duplicious and callow?

I personally don't think it bodes well for Monsters University. Not a coincidence their latest 3D reissue was Monsters Inc. 6 months before the prequel opens. Basically a way to remind people it exists. Popular as it was, Monsters Inc was 12 years ago and it's not like it stuck around with spin-off projects like Toy Story did.

Gee?? So it made a 2M dollar profit since it only made just over 5M for the weekend.. I hardly think this ws worth doing the 3D conversion for what little amount this made over the weekend...

. Well no actually, it lost money. P&a is costly.

The conversion can be worth it though, would've been had they skipped the theatrical rerelease.

MI3D should make at least $30m total, so while a lowest-grossing re-release it's not going to be a total disaster. These re-releases just reached the stage where they don't really excite anyone any more.

You think it's going to have a 6 multiplier?