CJohn

Monday Numbers | The Hobbit - 6.9M

https://www.facebook.com/boxoffice

THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY grossed an estimated $6.91 million on Monday and has now grossed $157.0 million to date domestically.

Shit, it didn`t go down as much as I hoped. DoS and TABA need some serious competition to take #1 in TH`s second weekend. Enough with getting away already. Edited by fishnets

I don't get why people hate on movies they haven't yet seen. I have no interest in Django but I'm not hoping it flops. Though after I see it tomorrow and I hate it, I'll definitely be rooting for it to flop big time.And Floppit's didn't do too badly yesterday.

• Like 3

I don't get why people hate on movies they haven't yet seen. I have no interest in Django but I'm not hoping it flops. Though after I see it tomorrow and I hate it, I'll definitely be rooting for it to flop big time.And Floppit's didn't do too badly yesterday.

Then apparently you just don't "get" these forums. It's in our DNA! Embrace it. :D
  • Like 2

You are expecting 25M+ OD for Les Miserables? WTF?

Not that high, but I think that a 8K PTA is doable for 22.4 million. And quite a few theatres started showing the film yesterday at 10pm. That's probably brought quite a bit of money already.
  • Like 1

I don't get why people hate on movies they haven't yet seen. I have no interest in Django but I'm not hoping it flops. Though after I see it tomorrow and I hate it, I'll definitely be rooting for it to flop big time.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't enjoy the movie, since it's a Tarantino movie (he hasn't been on a roll lately) that tries to mix goofy comedy hijinks with horrifying violence and human cruelty and is nearly three hours long, which makes me think it'll be bloated and self indulgent. It doesn't seem like my thing at all. Edited by MerryXMas from Jack Nevada

That's an acceptable number for The Hobbit considering that its length probably made it suffer more than most movies as far as losing showtimes is concerned. It should post a pretty good number today, though it very well might have to settle for second behind Les Miserables (which could push $20 million today).I'm rooting for everything. Great box office numbers are always fun to watch. :)

• Like 2