CJohn

Christmas Day Numbers | Les Miserables: 18.1M | DU: 15M | The Hobbit: 11.3M | PG: 6.5M

12m would still be meh for Hobbit but well better than 8m I guess

Never understood those $14m. That would be amazing and suggest a weekend quite a bit bigger than last, because Friday might very well be bigger than Christmas day or at least gross about the same. Edited by Elessar

If Les Mis inches up to 25m, it would be more than what The Hobbit opened to minus midnights! Everybody organize mass late night viewings!

That would break Christmas OD record :o

If Les Mis inches up to 25m, it would be more than what The Hobbit opened to minus midnights! Everybody organize mass late night viewings!

And it'll kick Sherlock's ass!!! :D If it drops less than 45% tomorrow I'll go on a limb and say 200M's locked. And 15M on just matinees? Ridiculously amazing. This is gonna be a huge hit!
  • Like 1

Dreamgirls did 100M with an 9M OD on Christmas Day. This is going big, over 20M. 200M is the target now.

I agree about frontloading possibly being an issue. Dreamgirls was a hit Broadway show for a while back in the day, but it never became even 1/8 of the phenomenon that LM turned into. There are true Mizheads that would make the most obsessed of Twihards look like sensible, level-headed moviegoers.

I agree about frontloading possibly being an issue. Dreamgirls was a hit Broadway show for a while back in the day, but it never became even 1/8 of the phenomenon that LM turned into. There are true Mizheads that would make the most obsessed of Twihards look like sensible, level-headed moviegoers.

Real Mizheads are much older than Twihards. The OD rush and OW rush effect is much more subdued.

+1

Famous book adaption + popular stage musical + Christmas Day could possibly have much inflated LM's OD number.

Dunno whom to trust. 6pm is pretty late though, they should have a good idea how the day is gonna play out.

Not really. At 6pm even shows are still going on on the East Coast, and have barely just started on the West Coast.