CJohn

Christmas Day Numbers | Les Miserables: 18.1M | DU: 15M | The Hobbit: 11.3M | PG: 6.5M

I'm just putting this out there: If Todd Phillips used N*gger a 100 times in his movie, people would get fucking pissedIf Peter Berg used it, the same thing.What about Steven Soderbergh? Yep.But Tarantino gets a free pass. Always.

If any of those other filmmakers made a movie that took place in the south right before the Civil War, maybe they would too. Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 3

If any of those filmmakers made a movie that took place in the south right before the Civil War, maybe they would.

I highly doubt it. Tarantino is a critics' pet. If Todd Phillips made a Southern with 150 n*ggers he would be called a racist.But with Tarantino it's just "the way the talked back then"
  • Like 1

I'm just putting this out there: If Todd Phillips used N*gger a 100 times in his movie, people would get fucking pissedIf Peter Berg used it, the same thing.What about Steven Soderbergh? Yep.But Tarantino gets a free pass. Always.

Shouldn't you at least see the movie before judging how the word is used?
  • Like 3

Well, he's making a movie about slavery... not that it gives him a free pass, but I think he wants to make a point on how the word was used so little in other western and blacksploitation films. The general response so far seems to be that it works. I don't want to comment on it until I've seen the film though.

Okay, I havent seen the film. And yes I'm having a biased opinion because I fucking hate Tarantino as a person and the fact he's such a critics' pet, and I know you shouldn't judge a movie before seeing etc etc etc.I just think that Django Unchained sounds, looks and seems like an appalling movie that wouldn't fit for me. And I do think over a 100 uses of n*gger even in slavery context is a bit much.

this Hobbit number is likely to be true right? If so it is not only awful but extremely un ordinary

Nikki's on crack most likely. There's been absolutely no indication in past trends for a jump this low. Every indicator pointed to 14M
  • Like 1

There's no reason for it to jump a mere 16% from Christmas Eve. I expect 12m today minimum.

Yeah, unfortunately, Nikki`s on Ny Quill. As much as I want $8 mio to be true I expect between $11 and 13 mio. Nikki`s numbers are way too early to call. Still hoping it`s true.

And 5-6m for Parental Guidance is too high! Who the heck is even seeing this? I didn't know it existed until today and I follow this box office stuffs.

I was hoping for under 3M for that one, but apparently families needed something to see with their younger kids.