CJohn

Christmas Day Numbers | Les Miserables: 18.1M | DU: 15M | The Hobbit: 11.3M | PG: 6.5M

I understand some of these concerns about Django after seeing it, but it didn't seem like word-of-mouth was bad on the way out. For many people I think the oh-so-satisfying finale will make up for the criticisms of the violence and language.

Edited by tribefan695

Tarantino has more balls than almost any other film maker. Why should he try to "nice up" slavery? It's about time the horror of the practice wasn't embellished. That said, Les Mis was a great, excellent Christmas Day movie, and it should get good WOM. Can't wait to see Django tomorrow.

• Like 1

I`m back from Les Mis! I`m going to check the legendary Monday Thread which should win the Best Thread BOF award. Please vote for it!So, Les Mis was packed, there was a huge line-up, people were discussing the movie after the show and it got an applause. Looks like WOM will be good to great so good on Hooper cause now he has to deal with my review.

• Like 3

Having not seen it... did anyone really walk into a Tarantino movie and not expect to be offended on some level?

I dont mind being offended, but this movie seems like Tarantino going overboard with his priviliges (the use of the n-word, gratuitous violence)

Having not seen it... did anyone really walk into a Tarantino movie and not expect to be offended on some level?

I think people were expecting gore, and expecting to be offended but just not on that level.And when Les Mis hits 100 million as it inevitably will, I will have such a huge gloat at JackO :excited:

Out. Under 100M, around 80ish. Ever since the rigged screenings the buzz has went in complete opposite direction.

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

I`m back from Les Mis! I`m going to check the legendary Monday Thread which should win the Best Thread BOF award. Please vote for it!So, Les Mis was packed, there was a huge line-up, people were discussing the movie after the show and it got an applause. Looks like WOM will be good to great so good on Hooper cause now he has to deal with my review.

Fish is back! Please tell me you loved Les Mis.

I`m back from Les Mis! I`m going to check the legendary Monday Thread which should win the Best Thread BOF award. Please vote for it!

Thanks for the support fishnets. Please guys, we need your voted!

Oh I will see it. But this one feels extra-grimy-QT. And when I say he gets off on it, I really think he jerks it to his films or something. He's that type of person.

He's a sick fuck. I bet he does something really nasty in his private time. I dont trust him.
  • Like 1

I`m back from Les Mis! I`m going to check the legendary Monday Thread which should win the Best Thread BOF award. Please vote for it!

So, Les Mis was packed, there was a huge line-up, people were discussing the movie after the show and it got an applause. Looks like WOM will be good to great so good on Hooper cause now he has to deal with my review.

YES!!! :rotfl:

I dont mind being offended, but this movie seems like Tarantino going overboard with his priviliges (the use of the n-word, gratuitous violence)

The n-word is indeed said quite a bit, but it really didn't seem unnatural given the characters and situations. The violence however is pretty OTT in places. Edited by tribefan695

I'm just putting this out there: If Todd Phillips used N*gger a 100 times in his movie, people would get fucking pissedIf Peter Berg used it, the same thing.What about Steven Soderbergh? Yep.But Tarantino gets a free pass. Always.

• Like 1