efialtes76

Thursday Numbers:TH1 $10.6m,Les Mis $9.4m,DU $8.7m....

You are British? So who is the British block going to vote for? The Nanny? Mirren? Smith? Dench? Knightmare? They always manage to get some Brit in.

Born there. Grew-up There. British Block looks to coalesce on their beloved Brit contenders as usual. Their voting power isn't always highly successful. (Cough*Swinton*Cough) Won't see any surprising noms, because the Brit block's favourites actually need general AMPAS support to make it. Les Mis looks to be their biggest darling of the season, BAFTA should be extremely generous to it. Wouldn't be surprised to see up to 6 acting nods alone at BAFTA and 16 nods in total, versus 2-3 at the Academy for acting. Marigold is also getting lots of love. Though that love is much stronger in the older members, but this is more of a general AMPAS trend I think that Brit vs. Non-Brit. Just with the Brits loving the movie more as a whole. As for acting contenders I'm not quite sure. Haven't looked extensively into that yet. Hope it's mirren over Nanny though. Wouldn't mind Knightmare either.

Born there. Grew-up There.British Block looks to coalesce on their beloved Brit contenders as usual. Their voting power isn't always highly successful. (Cough*Swinton*Cough) Won't see any surprising noms, because the Brit block's favourites actually need general AMPAS support to make it.Les Mis looks to be their biggest darling of the season, BAFTA should be extremely generous to it. Wouldn't be surprised to see up to 6 acting nods alone at BAFTA and 16 nods in total, versus 2-3 at the Academy for acting.Marigold is also getting lots of love. Though that love is much stronger in the older members, but this is more of a general AMPAS trend I think that Brit vs. Non-Brit. Just with the Brits loving the movie more as a whole.As for acting contenders I'm not quite sure. Haven't looked extensively into that yet.Hope it's mirren over Nanny though. Wouldn't mind Knightmare either.

No to Knightmare. Her fanboys deserve to spend the whole season going from one meltdown to another.Brit Block could support Skyfall.

review time! Are you OK after so much sitting?

After LM we went to eat out so there was 1.5 hour gap between the 2 movies. DU: Great performances all around. Jackson deserves Oscar for Supporting Actor. Man might have had his greatest performance ever, so over the top.LM was good after getting used to singing.

Calling it now...Django will outgross Les Miz.

TROLL!!! WHY DO YOU HATE 'LES MIZ' SO MUCH?? YOU ARE STUPID, LM WILL NOT ONLY OUTGROSS MAMA MIA, CHICAGO AND GREASE COMBINED, IT WILL WIN THIRTEEN OSCARS! ;) Edited by cochofles
  • Like 1

No to Knightmare. Her fanboys deserve to spend the whole season going from one meltdown to another.Brit Block could support Skyfall.

Knightmare was actually good this time, despite how much I tried to hate her.... Anna Karenina ended up #6 on my top 10 list of 2012. Haven't seen ZDT yet. Skyfall..... I won't get my hopes up. Best British Film at BAFTA is as much as it can hope for.

I hope Bardem gets a nod for his awesome Skyfall villain.

He got SAG, BFCA, and BAFTA is a lock. Missed Globes but HFPA don't matter as much as SAG. Not a huge leap f imagination involved to see him nominated. Big problem is that the Aademy actors are less responsive to a movie like Skyfall.
  • Like 1

There, fixed that for ya. ;)

Nah it's locked to beat FOTR now. And TTT came out closer to Xmas meaning that after New Year's Day TH1 could be very close or even slightly ahead of TTT through the same point, depending on how good this weekend is for it. I agree it's no lock yet, but TTT gross is certainly back in play. ROTK gross back in play will depend on its Jan holds, but of course I'm gonna hold out hope, or I wouldn't be HobbitMan. :P