baumer

Tues Numbers RTH (NYD and Cheap Tues make for big bump)

Remember ScarJo from Home Alone 3 and 8 Legged Freaks, can't believe how big she's become.

Big rack, yeah.I don`t think she`s big at all. She`s just attractive to media because she`s busty and she lucked out with Marvel but other than that she`s a boxoffice non-factor.

Can we all say Anne Hathaway is a box-office draw now? Why else is Les Mis doing better than expected?

I love Anne Hathaway and while I think the hype for her performance is a factor, I don't think she's the main draw of the film. It's a popular material and well the marketing has been really good
  • Like 1

Big rack, yeah.I don`t think she`s big at all. She`s just attractive to media because she`s busty and she lucked out with Marvel but other than that she`s a boxoffice non-factor.

ScarJo is an Indie darling foremost. She doesn't give a damn about being a box office draw. She's an auteur's muse. See Coppola's Lost In Translation or Woody Allen's last string of movies like Vicky Christina Barcelona. Edited by dashrendar44

The fact that she's singing the most loved song of Les Mis incredibly well and they market their small role as a lead means that she is the draw. Not only her obviously, but she adds a lot to help the film being a huge hit. Winning tons of awards won't hurt either.

No. It`s about time TH starts dropping heavily and losing theaters. FOTR is much better movie so I don`t want TH to pass unadjusted FOTR. I really don`t get repeat business for TH. It`s an OK movie but there`s nothing in it to watch over and over again. I asked fanboys to enlighten me what make them watch over and over and still haven`t gotten a well-explained answer that is void of generic "because it`s awesome". I`d really like to know cause this baffles me.

I'm not a Tolkien loony, so I can't speak for the fanboys, but I have seen TH 4 times. I consider it a fine movie, filled with the things that make movie-going a great experience for me; the visuals are stunning, the acting is superb, the pace is such that it demands different levels of engagement from the audience without providing an unpleasant whiplash effect, and the amount of detail built in makes it interesting to watch repeatedly. Plus, for the most part, it's good, clean fun. I'll be seeing it again this weekend.

I'm not a Tolkien loony, so I can't speak for the fanboys, but I have seen TH 4 times. I consider it a fine movie, filled with the things that make movie-going a great experience for me; the visuals are stunning, the acting is superb, the pace is such that it demands different levels of engagement from the audience without providing an unpleasant whiplash effect, and the amount of detail built in makes it interesting to watch repeatedly. Plus, for the most part, it's good, clean fun. I'll be seeing it again this weekend.

Not sure you can claim to not be a loonie if you've seen a movie 4 times going on 5. Well, you can claim it all you want i suppose, but you can't expect to be taken seriously.
  • Like 1

You got to be a Loonie to inflict yourself the overlong Dwarvesfest dinner that seems to drag on forever 4 times (?!) without feeling bored. Non-fans would rather take a nap waiting for the action bits.

Never read a single Tolkien book and I liked the dinner scene, as well as the rest of the movie just fine. It's not a masterpiece like the original trilogy, but I'd give it a solid B+

• Founder / Operator

Quick heads-up: the forums will go temporarily offline between 10pm and 12am Eastern tonight for scheduled maintenance. We're fine tuning the new server set up a couple of days ago.

If all goes according to plan, we won't be down longer than that and there will be a more informative message on the screen when we take them offline. ;)

Never read a single Tolkien book and I liked the dinner scene, as well as the rest of the movie just fine. It's not a masterpiece like the original trilogy, but I'd give it a solid B+

Well, 40 minutes dinner scene, I mean hell, in such an amount of time, we don't even recall half of the dwarves' names (Who is Oin? Dori or Gloin?I had to look up on Wikipedia) and some said Avengers Introduction was flimsy and boring... Edited by dashrendar44

Well, 40 minutes dinner scene, I mean hell, in such an amount of time, we don't even recall half of the dwarves' names (Who is Oin? Dori or Gloin?I had to look up on Wikipedia) and some said Avengers Introduction was flimsy and boring...

Except for Thorin, I don't think remembering their names mattered much.

Everybody knew each members of the fellowship of the rings...I'm not even a LOTR fan and I still remember each one. What's the point of introducing so much characters if their names (to distinguish them from each other since they're all dwarves) don't even matter?

Edited by dashrendar44