Ezen Baklattan

CAYOM VI - Discussion Thread

Sad but true: I have to delay all my films... don´t know when I´ll come back :(

Okay I will remove all your films.

Because of this I may dig into my archive to see if there's a film or two I can throw forward without much re-editing or touching up.

Barricade is getting a fast-track to completion. Will be kinda rushed so I don't anticipate any stellar reviews for it. I thought about just taking it out but the schedule is too empty for that to be possible. 

To save time for myself (to finish 24 Hours and to get some emergency replacements from my archive finalized for insertion) I have suspended Chrono Heist until next year and replaced it with a sci-fi film I had completed but hadn't used yet since I was a little uncertain of it.

I will be getting a couple other emergency insertions from my archive readied through tonight.

To save time for myself (to finish 24 Hours and to get some emergency replacements from my archive finalized for insertion) I have suspended Chrono Heist until next year and replaced it with a sci-fi film I had completed but hadn't used yet since I was a little uncertain of it.

I will be getting a couple other emergency insertions from my archive readied through tonight.

So I have found 3 films to use for emergency insertions: Bioshock, which I wrote for the old CAYOM but need to edit, Land of the Crescent, a period adventure film that is notable in the old CAYOM for being nominated for BP and nothing else (I don't expect it to replicate that :P) but it needs a little more detail and reworking, and a B-movie horror film that no one should take seriously, especially because of the title. That film can get a little trimming but it's otherwise ready to be posted. All emergency insertions won't have to comply with the main deadline and can be posted during Filler Time.

That leaves 24 Hours for me to finish by tonight. I am going to postpone Where? again for time reasons. Isolation I will be able to finish during Filler Time because I plan on going quick and short with the plot.

24 Hours is almost completed. I may not post it tonight so I can edit it, but it will be 100% done before midnight.

I'll post my other emergency films tomorrow or Friday. I may throw in a third since it seems like most of Electric and Hunch's films will be incomplete also by midnight.

How big is roger the alien anticipated to be? Now that Hunch's Eve probably isn't opening I want to move Last Ditch Effort up one week. Last week of April was very kind to me last year, and it'd also give me a 2 week breathing window between my movie and Wonder Woman. (Though, if it gets good WOM like Oro it probably doesn't matter too, too much.)

How big is roger the alien anticipated to be? Now that Hunch's Eve probably isn't opening I want to move Last Ditch Effort up one week. Last week of April was very kind to me last year, and it'd also give me a 2 week breathing window between my movie and Wonder Woman. (Though, if it gets good WOM like Oro it probably doesn't matter too, too much.)

First one wasn't a huge R-rated outbreak. I'd think you'd be able to move Last Ditch Effort up a week, and it'd be able to compete well. Although, if you did do that, I would suggest to Andrew that he'd move up Roger the Alien so that way the weekend you'd be abandoning has a film releasing them.

On a different note, what is a good date for an Avatar animated movie? It won't be a huge film, like a filler animated movie.

Roger the Alien was a surprise hit that made 122M domestic. It was mostly thought that it would bomb. The sequel will probably not go higher than 150M domestically. 

First one wasn't a huge R-rated outbreak. I'd think you'd be able to move Last Ditch Effort up a week, and it'd be able to compete well. Although, if you did do that, I would suggest to Andrew that he'd move up Roger the Alien so that way the weekend you'd be abandoning has a film releasing them.

On a different note, what is a good date for an Avatar animated movie? It won't be a huge film, like a filler animated movie.

Would you be willing Andrew? 

And Blank, maybe October? I was gonna say June but I noticed that Golden Bird was opening that month. 

And on a completely unrelated note, who's writing Pendragon Merchant of Death? I know it's not been put up yet, but it's opening the same week as Wrinkle in TIme. Both of them pretty much aim at exactly the same demographic.