Ezen Baklattan

CAYOM VI - Discussion Thread

I made my first fillers in this new CAYOM ever....but hell, they're not bad (and actually two of them are long still).

I just can't really do fillers, because I can't write films that I'm not inspired to write.

Voyage to the Stars is not coming out. Don't know about High Life yet.

I'm thinking I might finally get to CHERUB again. I know the first movie lost money but it was only half of the first book which was filmed back to back to I think I'll write the second half up today and release it. 

Tonight I shall write my Mr. Rogers project during the SAGs. Will be more in the vein of Citizen Hughes than Dogs of Babel in effort though, more of an attempt to win Best Actor than BP. Of course, I wouldn't mind a nomination. ;)

I think I've noticed an accidental pattern in my gameplay.

Year 3 - Awards bait, no huge blockbusters

Year 4 - Lots of blockbusters, one awards movie with only one win.

Year 5 - Two big awards movies, a bunch of smaller films or smaller-scale blockbusters

Year 6 - Four sequels and one original awards contender.

So odd-numbered years are my attempts to win Oscars, and even-numbered years are my attempts to win the B.O. battle. Going off of this, I will win Best Picture in Year 7 or Year 9 hopefully. ;)

• Like 1

Well, for me it's:

Year 3 - Awards and box-office domination

Year 4 - Awards and box-office domination

Year 5 - Awards and box-office domination

Year 6 - Awards and box-office domination?

Just kidding. Although for Year 3 that's certainly about right.

:P 

• Like 2

I sincerely hope the coens won't be snubbed this time. This new movie is like 6 months in the making and it's like my baby. :lol: I think it's more original and better than Empty Hearth as well.

You probably shouldn't hype films up like that since it will only make things terrible for you if your hopes get dashed.

You probably shouldn't hype films up like that since it will only make things terrible for you if your hopes get dashed.

:lol: True. I just hope that at least one of my 3 big films do well. Probably my most ambitious year yet. 

Since those are all ifs I'm not doing anything.

When the deadline for submissions end, if certain films are not finished then you can renew those requests.

And speaking of the deadline, I am going to extend it by 2 days because I have only just crashed through writer's block today for multiple films. So it will be midnight EST Wednesday night now.

Yay :D

I'm happy that I have more time to finish my movies.

:lol: True. I just hope that at least one of my 3 big films do well. Probably my most ambitious year yet. 

The Creator is making actuals. Everything will bomb. The two times he did actuals are the two lowest years of CAYOM ever :lol:

The Creator is making actuals. Everything will bomb. The two times he did actuals are the two lowest years of CAYOM ever :lol:

The reason is his actuals weren't as overestimated. I think everyone's movies do successful even with big competition.

Because I've always had really boring years, I guess.

But yes, most things will bomb of course. Why should they succeed?

I don't know... this is CAYOM, everything usually makes huge amounts of money :lol: