Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

Wow, I always forget about Spielberg not getting nominated for JAWS. That's astounding.

There's a really great reaction video out there somewhere where we see Spielberg reacting to his snub. I can't find it now though. (There's a similar one with the Artist last year but I can't find that one anymore either. :( )

There's a really great reaction video out there somewhere where we see Spielberg reacting to his snub. I can't find it now though. (There's a similar one with the Artist last year but I can't find that one anymore either. :( )

Yes. I've seen it, it's a good one and proof that the 'berg has always been chasing that Oscar. :lol:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mgrxvTdl-QNever saw that Artist one though!
  • Like 1

I mean i dont hate her or anything i just dont find her to be the best actress of my generation.

Le sigh. I suppose that's acceptable..... I just practically worship her. I find that she is not only the best actress of this generation, but the best actor of either gender of any generation. (And I'm sure no one in the future will top her.)
  • Like 1

I happened to come across Marina Abramovich: The Artist is Present on tv yesterday. Too bad it had already been going on for 40 minutes, because the rest of it was fucking brilliant. That documentary deserved a nomination more than Sugar Man

I happened to come across Marina Abramovich: The Artist is Present on tv yesterday. Too bad it had already been going on for 40 minutes, because the rest of it was fucking brilliant. That documentary deserved a nomination more than Sugar Man

I think it wasn't eligible cause it was made for HBO and was never in theaters. It's great though. Abramovic is an incredible woman. Also, loved the cameos by James Franco and Orlando Bloom. "Are you an actor?"

Spielberg said he was in a very bad period in his life. He was going through a very painful time in his life...I thought it was for a divorce, but they split in 89....so I forget what it was.On a side note, what other job out there can net you 100 million dollars for 4 years work? That's the amount Irving got from him when they split.

It was Lucas who was going through the divorce and personal issues at the time he wrote the story for Temple of Doom.
  • Like 1