Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

I would have a bit of a beef with Christoph Waltz winning for Django. He was charming as fuck, but its not that remarkable of a performance.

If you had never seen him in IB, you probably wouldn't be saying that.

If you had never seen him in IB, you probably wouldn't be saying that.

But I did see him in IB, and even if I were not to compare the two performances I'd say that while very good, his performance in Django wouldn't be my pick for the best supporting actor.

I love JLaw, but as Numbers says it seems the whole forum is on her side and rest of the nominees aren't worthy.Especially Futurist, he'll talk mad shit about the other nominees

Ive said i loved chastain in zdt just as much as j law in slp.And i have praised every actress nominee i saw. Edited by Michael G Scott

Where I stand:

Chastain in ZD30 > Lawrence in SLP, in part because Lawrence's role for 3/4 of the film is clearly supporting and then suddenly the film emphasizes the rom-com elements and pads out her presence (prior to the scenes following De Niro making the parlay bet Lawrence only appears in a scene with Bradley and Bradley's in every scene. It's not until that point that Lawrence gets a scene where she is the focal point (and one independent of Bradley being there)).

• Like 2

btw

Phoenix > Jackman > Cooper > Day-Lewis > Washington (I'm sure more than a few of you disagree with this...)

Hoffman > Waltz > Deniro > Jones > Arkin

Adams > Hathaway > Field=Hunt=Weaver (lol, I can't decide between those last three. None of them stood out to me. Shitty year here.)

DDL > DWash > Coop > Jackman (Master unseen)

A number of non-nominees > Jones > De Niro > Arkin (Waltz isn't supporting, Master unseen)

A number of non-nominees > Hathaway > Field > Weaver (Master and Sessions unseen)

Edited by 4815162342

Wreck-It Ralph is the only non documentary/foreign film feature length nominated film I haven't seen, so I could do that with most categories.

Director:

Zeitlin > Lee > Spielberg > Russell > Haneke (sorry Ric?)

Edited by CoolioD1