Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

No Untouchables in Foreign OMG!

Thank fucking God. Only film that could've won against Amour missed.And Shame about Bigelow, such a shame. If they were going to snub someone they should've snubbed Spileberg. Looks like Lincoln vs. SLP. With no director Argo (I said so) and ZDT take a huge huge drop. Life of Pi just won't win so let's just not talk about that.

Cloud Atlas and The Dark Knight Rises both got zero nominations to make room for fucking Snow White and the Huntsman. That''s pretty shameful.

Really disappointing. Snow White has atleast 5 razzie nominations. Serious joke.Heath Ledger was honestly the only thing close to being recognized as "oscar worthy" in comic book movies. The Academy has their had up their ass and are against CBMs. We look forward to IM3,MoS, and Thor.

Life of Pi will be this years The Color Purple. It has a ton of nominations but only four that really matter, the rest are technicals. To me the race now is Lincoln vs SLP. I don't know when the last time a film had a best picture, director, actor, actress, supp actor, supp actress, editing and screenplay. That's as major as it comes. No film has that this year. So imho, this makes it the front runner. I think if anything, Spielberg is the frontrunner for director even though, imo, he doesn't deserve it this year. But he went lost three or four times in the past when he should have won, so it's karma. I think Cooper will win it this year. He is that good.The snubs:Affleck not getting one is the biggest WTF snub for directing since Spielberg missed out on JAWS. It is an absolute travesty. Argo is one of three best films of the year imo and there really should be some hell raised for this.Hooper, glad he missed out.Bigelow doesn't bother me either. But she did an excellent job on ZDT.DiCaprio and SLJ not getting nominated is too bad. I really want to see The Master but it is not playing here anymore.Glad TDKR and Skyfall missed out on noms.Perks not getting any noms is ridiculous.Flight getting original is ludicrous in my opinion as well.I think this year will be the year of SLP. I just do. I really thought Argo would have more traction but not getting a director nomination is ridiculous. I'm very sad about this.

Edited by baumer

Lincoln also got nominated in every major category it fought for. Also Life of Pi. So its a threeway race

No best supporting actress. I know it didn't have one but that's besides the point. Can you find me the last time a film had noms in all four acting categories, screenplay, directing and picture?