Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

Wasn't Doubt one of those movies that got shit on for stealing TDK a best picture nomination?

I think it deserved to be there, its such a well-crafted, sophisticated and compelling film

It didn't. But I have a strong hunch that Doubt was the #6 picture that year not TDK. 

Meryl is great in that movie. When she breaks down at the end and realizes she has doubt in the whole corrupt system.

A great performance, for sure. I also think Viola Davis was terrific, she should have won best supporting actress instead of Penelope Cruz

Wasn't her performance just the snotty crying thing she always does? I remember thinking it was really overrated.

Well yeah, she does cry with snot running all over her face, but I think there's more to her performance. It was very effective, and she makes the most of her very limited screentime. Its one the most memorable scenes of the movie

Yep, ,people old enough to have parents who lived Lincoln's era and children forced by their teacher to do some homework on the film.

Lincoln, the movie will make history on Oscar night because it will be the first time an actor is winning best actor in a leading role for playing a superhero ( the first REAL Avenger).

Congrats !

Edited by The Futurist

Did anyone watch SNL with Waltz? That Djesus Uncrossed sketch killed me. Best snl in forever. I really hope that guy wins next week.

Since no one else has a shot at taking down the Shittarded Traitor, count me in for support.

Edited by fishnets