Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

Hobbit didn't get anything, did it? What happened with the LOTR series? I was under the impression that ROTK basically sweeping everything was because the third one was so good and because the other two were great as well and they were just waiting until the third to give it awards. Think the same could happen with The Hobbit, given the rocky reception?

If you're talking about The Reader and SIL, I agree with you. But this year sLP imo, is unq uestionably one of the three best films of the year. The other two had a director get snubbed and was completely ignored. So I'm hoping for a Harvey win this year.

Yep. I haven't seen SLP so I have no opinion but it landed every major category when many people didn't expect it to get them all and I imagine that's down to him and his ability to push things. Edited by lilpunkryo

Hobbit didn't get anything, did it? What happened with the LOTR series? I was under the impression that ROTK basically sweeping everything was because the third one was so good and because the other two were great as well and they were just waiting until the third to give it awards. Think the same could happen with The Hobbit, given the rocky reception?

got three, for Makeup, FX. and Production Design

Life of Pi will be this years The Color Purple. It has a ton of nominations but only four that really matter, the rest are technicals. To me the race now is Lincoln vs SLP. I don't know when the last time a film had a best picture, director, actor, actress, supp actor, supp actress, editing and screenplay. That's as major as it comes. No film has that this year. So imho, this makes it the front runner. I think if anything, Spielberg is the frontrunner for director even though, imo, he doesn't deserve it this year. But he went lost three or four times in the past when he should have won, so it's karma. I think Cooper will win it this year. He is that good.The snubs:Affleck not getting one is the biggest WTF snub for directing since Spielberg missed out on JAWS. It is an absolute travesty. Argo is one of three best films of the year imo and there really should be some hell raised for this.Hooper, glad he missed out.Bigelow doesn't bother me either. But she did an excellent job on ZDT.DiCaprio and SLJ not getting nominated is too bad. I really want to see The Master but it is not playing here anymore.Glad TDKR and Skyfall missed out on noms.Perks not getting any noms is ridiculous.Flight getting original is ludicrous in my opinion as well.I think this year will be the year of SLP. I just do. I really thought Argo would have more traction but not getting a director nomination is ridiculous. I'm very sad about this.

Actually, you win Futurist...I said LOP is TCP...my bad.

"I'm thrilled to be only the second person ever to be snubbed after being nominated for the BFCA/GG/SAG/BAFTA awards, joining my dear friend Tilda, whose pubes inspired the title of my movie, Rust and Bone."

- Marion Cotillard, Academy Award Winning Actress, Environmental Activist, Mother

• Like 1

the collapsing football scene is nothing special. 2012 did that same kind of stuff in 2009 and it wasn't even nominated. And the Batwing scene? That looked so obviously CGI.

2012 not getting nominated for visual effects was a complete joke, same with TDAT in 2004.

"I'm thrilled to be only the second person ever to be snubbed after being nominated for the BFCA/GG/SAG/BAFTA awards, joining my dear friend Tilda, whose pubes inspired the title of my movie, Rust and Bone."

- Marion Cotillard, Academy Award Winning Actress, Environmental Activist, Mother

Bitter much? Wow...STFU Marion.
  • Like 1