Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

It's funny to think he had a random guest star role in the final season of Lost that got cut short when the showrunners decided to prematurely end the "temple" storyline.

I think the first time I remembered seeing him was in Clooney/Wahlberg fishing boat movie. Perfect Storm?

Haha this year takes the cake, though.

All I was really hoping for was a Joaquin nod because he looked a little uncertain, but since he got in I'm pretty pleased. Although that writing snub for PTA does sting... as well as the cinematography/score snubs. I guess no one outside of the actors branch liked the movie. *sigh*

I keep looking at the noms and getting so elated and so depressed. It's one of those situations.

Kinda. But I'm so fucking ecstatic that the depressing parts don't really bother me that much. 5 nominations for Amour, Dreams do come true, and for the people who've been laughing at me and telling me it was impossible all season, take that! Come to think of it Amour might've been BP top 5.

Another stat post, staying with modern(ish) Oscar history.Over the past 30 years, the film with the most nominations (or tied for the most nominations), has won BP 23/30 times. The film with the 2nd most nominations (outright or tied) wins 5/30 times (all since 2001).The only two exceptions were The Departed (2006) and The Silence of the Lambs (1991).

Kinda. But I'm so fucking ecstatic that the depressing parts don't really bother me that much. 5 nominations for Amour, Dreams do come true, and for the people who've been laughing at me and telling me it was impossible all season, take that! Come to think of it Amour might've been BP top 5.

Haha I was actually happy for you when I read the noms. Good thing I didn't bet against you. I already owe Rich 10 bucks for TDKR's cinematography not getting recognized.
  • Like 1

Another stat post, staying with modern(ish) Oscar history.Over the past 30 years, the film with the most nominations (or tied for the most nominations), has won BP 23/30 times. The film with the 2nd most nominations (outright or tied) wins 5/30 times (all since 2001).The only two exceptions were The Departed (2006) and The Silence of the Lambs (1991).

So Lincoln's the favorite with LOP as the dark horse. Numbers, which would be more of a shock? LOP winning BP or Lee winning BD?