Impact

Will "The Globes Curse" cross into this decade?

Okay I have given a nickname to the Globes in the past decade as "The Globes Curse"Where when the film wins the Globes it does not win the Oscar.Since ROTK winning the Globe only Slumdog and The Artist have won picture.In the 90s only 2 BP winners did not win the Globe-Silence of the Lambs and Braveheart (not nominated)So will it carry on still?Well if Lincoln wins the Globe probably not.Though ZDT/Les M. could be the 2 winners this weekend causing it to continue. What do you think?

I fully expect the "Globes Curse" to continue this decade especially with nominations being announced for the GG awards even happen. This year, I see SLP winning comedy though. I am not sure what wins Drama. But, even if Lincoln wins and goes on to win BP at the Academey Awards, that doesn't mean the curse is over, it just means that this year the tastes of the Academy and the GG matched. But, this curse isn't going away.

I think Lincoln's chances are better with the HFPA than with the Academy, honestly (though I expect it to win with both). If it somehow loses, it begins to look pretty screwed.

So I guess I said this without even considering they would pick ARGO of all movies.

Only 3 films have won pic without director-Wings, Grantd Hotel and Miss Daisy. The director of Miss Daisy actually admited that he did not feel snubbed at all as he did not think it was a great directing job but other aspects made it good.Affleck is like Ron Howard in 1995-it was a race between Howard and Gibson (Howard-DGA and Gibson-Globe) but Howard had no Oscar nom..Lincoln is the most likely to win the Oscar-though Pi could cause a upset.