riczhang

70th Golden Globes - Discussion Thread (Winners in 1st Post)

predictions:Best Motion Picture - Drama"Argo"Best Motion Picture - Comedy Or Musical"Les Miserables"Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - DramaDaniel Day-Lewis, "Lincoln"Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - DramaJessica Chastain, "Zero Dark Thirty"Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy Or MusicalJennifer Lawrence, "Silver Linings Playbook"Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Comedy Or MusicalBradley Cooper, "Silver Linings Playbook"Best Performance by an Actress In A Supporting Role in a Motion PictureAnne Hathaway, "Les Miserables"Best Performance by an Actor In A Supporting Role in a Motion PictureLeonardo DiCaprio, "Django Unchained"Best Director - Motion PictureBen Affleck, "Argo"Best Screenplay - Motion Picture"Silver Linings Playbook"Best Animated Feature Film"Frankenweenie"Best Foreign Language Film"Amour"Best Original Score - Motion Picture"Anna Karenina"Best Original Song - Motion Picture"SKYFALL" — "Skyfall"Music by: Adele, Paul Epworth Lyrics by: Adele, Paul Epworth

NANNY! NANNY! NANNY!

It's foreign press we're talking about, and The Impossible is a smash hit international. I think GG is her best shot.

I wouldn`t count out SAG. Nanny`s got in thanks to wide and wild actors support. Big stars were vouching for Nanny nom. If this isn`t her year I don`t know what is.

No tv predictions?

Maybe a Homeland sweep... drama/actor/actress/supp. actor. Though It is the globes so I could imagine a scenario where Newsroom and Jeff Daniels wins. Ugh.Comedy I say Modern Family, Don Cheadle for actor and maybe Amy Poehler for actress, but JLD from Veep seems more likely.

I don`t give a shit about TV awards during movie awards shows. That`s my bathroom break time. I watch GG and SAG for the real deal. TV has their Emmy`s.I hate shows that mix both.

Honestly, I think the HFPA give as much of a shit about their tv awards as you do. :lol:

It's foreign press we're talking about, and The Impossible is a smash hit international. I think GG is her best shot.

Yes, and I'm predicting Watts as well. With Cotillard as a spoiler. Watts sad as it is, is by far the biggest star amongst the bunch and the GG despite wanting to predict the Oscars are still the biggest fucking star whores in the world.

Though maybe Ang Lee for director.

I thought so too, but I'm predicting Affleck right now. We have to recognise the fact that GG closed voting the day before AMPAS announced nominations so all of these are still pre-WTF era votes. It's also for this reason I'm expecting a Les Mis 4/4 clean sweep. Though, song is pretty much a toss-up.

Best Motion Picture - Drama

"Argo"

Best Motion Picture - Comedy Or Musical

"Les Miserables"

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama

Daniel Day-Lewis, "Lincoln"

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama

Naomi Watts, "The Impossible"

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy Or Musical

Jennifer Lawrence, "Silver Linings Playbook" (However, I could conceivably see them award Meryl Streep yet again. They love her and it wouldn't be an un-Globe thing to do. And frankly, Meryl gives the best fucking speeches in the world.)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Comedy Or Musical

Hugh Jackman, "Les Miserables"

Best Performance by an Actress In A Supporting Role in a Motion Picture

Anne Hathaway, "Les Miserables"

Best Performance by an Actor In A Supporting Role in a Motion Picture

Leonardo DiCaprio, "Django Unchained"

Best Director - Motion Picture

Ben Affleck, "Argo"

Best Screenplay - Motion Picture

"Lincoln"

Best Animated Feature Film

"Frankenweenie"

Best Foreign Language Film

"Amour"

Best Original Score - Motion Picture

"Argo"

Best Original Song - Motion Picture

"SUDDENLY" — "Les Miserables" (or maybe that fucking Taylor Swift song)

Edited by riczhang

Yes, and I'm predicting Watts as well. With Cotillard as a spoiler. Watts sad as it is, is by far the biggest star amongst the bunch and the GG despite wanting to predict the Oscars are still the biggest fucking star whores in the world.I thought so too, but I'm predicting Affleck right now. We have to recognise the fact that GG closed voting the day before AMPAS announced nominations so all of these are still pre-WTF era votes. It's also for this reason I'm expecting a Les Mis 4/4 clean sweep. Though, song is pretty much a toss-up.

I'm still saying Affleck as well... but Lee does seem like the kinda think they might do. I'll keep him as an alt for now though...

Predictions:

Best Picture (Drama)

Lincoln

Best Picture (Comedy/Musical)

Les Miserables

Best Director

Kathryn Bigelow (Zero Dark Thirty)

Best Actor (Drama)

Daniel Day Lewis (Lincoln)

Best Actress (Drama)

Marion Cotillard (Rust and Bone)

Best Actor (Comedy/Musical)

Hugh Jackman (Les Misérables)

Best Actress (Comedy/Musical)

Jennifer Lawrence (Silver Linings Playbook)

Best Supporting Actor

Tommy Lee Jones (Lincoln)

Best Supporting Actress

Anne Hathaway (Les Misérables)

Best Animated Film

Wreck-It Ralph

Best Foreign Film

Amour

Best Screenplay

Lincoln

Best Score

Life of Pi

Best Song

"Suddenly" (Les Misérables)

I'm still saying Affleck as well... but Lee does seem like the kinda think they might do. I'll keep him as an alt for now though...

Yeah. Lee's best shot is probably at the Globes. But honestly this year has been so WTF I don't even know anymore. I just don't think it's Spielberg. Voting closed too early for that to happen. People at the time still thought Bigelow and Affleck had shots at winning this entire thing. (I didn't think Affleck, but I did think Bigelow definitely) I feel bad for Affleck though, especially if he picks up the DGA as well. He'll have won almost everything BFCA, GG, and DGA but not even nominated for the Oscar. BAFTA right now I'm not sure who they'll go for, I want to say Affleck but after that snub by the Academy BAFTA's gonna let themselves get shoehorned into not voting for Affleck. So maybe Lee or Haneke. Russell's not their type of thing so I won't even entertain that notion.

Yeah. Lee's best shot is probably at the Globes. But honestly this year has been so WTF I don't even know anymore. I just don't think it's Spielberg. Voting closed too early for that to happen. People at the time still thought Bigelow and Affleck had shots at winning this entire thing. (I didn't think Affleck, but I did think Bigelow definitely)I feel bad for Affleck though, especially if he picks up the DGA as well. He'll have won almost everything BFCA, GG, and DGA but not even nominated for the Oscar. BAFTA right now I'm not sure who they'll go for, I want to say Affleck but after that snub by the Academy BAFTA's gonna let themselves get shoehorned into not voting for Affleck. So maybe Lee or Haneke. Russell's not their type of thing so I won't even entertain that notion.

Russell wasn't even nommed for directing at BAFTA. I think that one is between Lee and Affleck as well. It would be quite something if Argo managed to keep picking up steam and it won Best Picture, thus Affleck would get his Oscar. It's been such a weird year, so who knows, right?PS. It's hard for me to feel bad for a guy whos life is as sweet as Affleck's right now. :lol:

Russell wasn't even nommed for directing at BAFTA. I think that one is between Lee and Affleck as well. It would be quite something if Argo managed to keep picking up steam and it won Best Picture, thus Affleck would get his Oscar. It's been such a weird year, so who knows, right?

oh... I got Russell mixed up with Tarantino. Affleck's not winning the BAFTA. The one lesson we learned this year i think is that guilds love to be shoehorned by precursors, by each other's nominees, and by each other's winners. Affleck lost out big at the Oscars, and despite it scoring big at the BAFTAs chances are the BAFTAs will want to sweep that all under a rug and fall in line with the ultimate authority the Oscars. I can only see Haneke or Lee winning the BAFTA. If Lee wins BAFTA I could see him winning direcctor in a BP/BD split, and if Haneke wins we'll see a repeat of 2002. And before you guys tell me I'm crazy for saying Haneke has a shot, this is the group that awarded Pedro Almadovar, and Ang Lee. Edited by riczhang