riczhang

70th Golden Globes - Discussion Thread (Winners in 1st Post)

Predictions:

Best Picture Drama - Lincoln

Best Actor, Drama - Daniel Day-Lewis

Best Actress, Drama - Jessica Chastain, put a last minute bet on Watts however ;)

Best Picture Musical/Comedy - Silver Linings Playbook

Best Actor, Musical/Comedy - Bradley Cooper

Best Actress, Musical/Comedy - Jennifer Lawrence

Supporting Actor - Leonardo DiCaprio

Supporting Actress - Anne Hathaway

Director - Ben Affleck

Screenplay - Lincoln

Animated - Brave

Score - Lincoln

Foreign - Amour

Song - Skyfall

Never been really that impressed with the Hollywood Foreign Press, or the Golden Globes. Only 90 independent journalists vote on these awards. Compared to the AMPAS who has over 6000 voters which includes Directors, Cinematographers, Actors, et al.

I'd love to see Nanny win for a change. ADF will lose their shit.

I'm fairly confident it'll be Nanny. Not enough to bet on it, but still fairly confident. And, an ADF meltdown would be amazing. Last year's thread after Streep won was fairly amazing. :lol: I just checked and I'm surprised they love Amour so much. I don't think I've ever seen them have such a consensus over a movie. Riva's performance is running away as their favourite of the year, and the Movie's in a very comfortable lead too. Edited by riczhang

Has Nanny ever won at a televised event? She's always nominated but never wins it seems. Same for Julianne Moore, except now gor Game Change.

I don't think she's even nominated that much. she got a bunch for 21 Grams 9 years ago but I can't think of what she's gotten before or since then? Edited by CoolioD1

Has Nanny ever won at a televised event? She's always nominated but never wins it seems. Same for Julianne Moore, except now for Game Change.

No. This night's gonna be good. ADF's already shitting themselves over the possibility. And they're calling it an "upset". :rofl:
  • Like 1

Best Drama - Homeland

Best Comedy - Modern Family

Best Mini Series - Game Change

Best Actor Drama - Damien Lewis

Best Actor Comedy - Louis C. K.

Best Actor Mini Series - Woody Harrelson

Best Actress Drama - Claire Danes

Best Actress Comedy - Julia Louis-Dreyfus

Best Actress Mini Series - Julianne Moore

Best Supporting Actor - Mandy Patinkin

Best Supporting Actress - Maggie Smith

Edited by Alfred Unchained

Best Drama - Homeland

Best Comedy - Modern Family

Best Mini Series - Game Change

Best Actor Drama - Damien Lewis

Best Actor Comedy - Louis C. K.

Best Actor Mini Series - Woody Harrelson

Best Actress Drama - Claire Danes

Best Actress Comedy - Julia Louis-Dreyfus

Best Actress Mini Series - Julianne Moore

Best Supporting Actor - Mandy Patinkin

Best Supporting Actress - Maggie Smith

Louis CK just seems like wishful thinking to me. :lol: I think it'll be Don Cheadle - his show is terrible but that hasn't stopped Globes from giving it to the most famous guy before.

I don't think she's even nominated that much. she got a bunch for 21 Grams 9 years ago but I can't think of what she's gotten before or since then?

Didn't she build some steam a couple years ago for the CIA movie with Sean Penn? The name escapes me at the moment. Next year she'll have Princess Di, too.Also what happened to that MM movie she was attached with? Did it die after Michelle Williams beat her to the punch?

Didn't she build some steam a couple years ago for the CIA movie with Sean Penn? The name escapes me at the moment. Next year she'll have Princess Di, too.Also what happened to that MM movie she was attached with? Did it die after Michelle Williams beat her to the punch?

There was a little buzz for that movie but I don't think she got nominated for anything - she's had a few performances like that. Diana could be the one she finally takes it for. Looking at contenders Actress next year is gonna be mad competitive.