riczhang

70th Golden Globes - Discussion Thread (Winners in 1st Post)

What? Have we forgotten about Iron Lady already? And that had a magnetic, towering, divine performance. Kidman and Watt's performances will be great at best.

If they deliver it doesn't matter how the film does. The only real case of that recently was DiCap in Edgar and that's because the Academy hates him :lol: I think Kidman can get in for sure no matter how the film does.

But she needs to keep reminding everyone about the sacrifice she made for the movie! Once she's won everything she'll probably grow it back.

Great point. I wonder if she shows up to Oscars with a wig on, since it won't matter at that point.Related topic, did flashing her goods a few weeks ago help or hurt with AMPAS?

OMG, OMG she did it! She did it! Anne`s got pregnant for the Oscars! So freakin obvious on her dress! OMG!:rofl:Jessica is so freakin adorable and Team Nanny too! OMG!Nanny`s so freakin skinny.JLaw is so freakin gorgeos but that top makes her boobs look like she put icecream cones underbeath.

• Like 1

Was HBC nominated for Sweeney Todd?

Yes. Le sigh. She was horrible in the movie. She couldn't sign, sounded like a dead cow. But not as bad as Pierce Brosnan in Mamma Mia who doesn't have any business being anywhere near a mic. (And he said that he enjoyed making the musical and that he'd be game for another one. :()Her acting saved it a little bit and only just a little.

Some really interesting races tonight. Lincoln vs. Argo (though I think Life of Pi can possibly take it), Les Mis vs. Silver Linings, Cooper vs. Jackman are the big ones. I don't think tonight means much. Because of the date switch the HFPA voted before anything Oscar or DGA or PGA was announced.

Yes. Le sigh. She was horrible in the movie. She couldn't sign, sounded like a dead cow. But not as bad as Pierce Brosnan in Mamma Mia who doesn't have any business being anywhere near a mic. (And he said that he enjoyed making the musical and that he'd be game for another one. :()Her acting saved it a little bit and only just a little.

Posted Image

HBC was excellent in Sweeney Todd. Singing and all.

I got this from ADF:

The STUPID French Golden Globe member commenting on Cine+ basically implied that Riva was not glamorous enough for them to be nominated VS Cotillard. He also said that quite a few of his Golden Globe fellow members refused to go for Wallis because according to them she was not acting in BOTSW and had no right to be confronted with other actresses.

Edited by riczhang