riczhang

70th Golden Globes - Discussion Thread (Winners in 1st Post)

I'm thinking BAFTA winners will match up most closely with final oscar winners. They have their awards ceremony 2 days after final ballots are mailed out, and right before they're set to arrive in voter's mailboxes (if they don't vote online) which is like riding out the high to the win. This is probably why Streep won last year, she won the last award of the season just as the first ballots were being cast and people remembered her. Her classy speechs didn't do her any harm either.

Just STFU you're stupid and you suck just as much as that crapfest called les Mis.

The only reason you like the overrated stupid SLP is because you love oogling Jennifer Lawrence and you know you'll never get her. (I'm not good at bitchiness. That didn't feel so good!)
  • Like 2

Im telling yall, the Oscar night will be fucking tense. I cant wait to comment live here

I think I might have a heart attack before then... :lol: Especially if BAFTA goes as planned. But, it'll be tense as fuck. Original Screenplay, Actress, and Director. All the others I could care less. I'm rooting for Lincoln to loose but I'm already content this season.

It will be crazy. All i want is j law and hathaway to win and ill be happy.

JLaw can wait another few years. Riva all the way. A perfect set of winners would be Jackman, Riva, PSH, Hathaway. Edited by riczhang

Yep cause everybody has their own favorites

My favorite is literally ''everything nominated that's not Silver Linings Playbook.'' Seriously. And I LIKED that movie. Last year? I was anti-Artist, anti-Help (besides Viola Davis who was absolutely robbed), anti-EL&IC... this year's slate is so much better. Edited by Gopher

Lincoln has some pretty heavyweight backers and the academy likes the movie ( 12 nominations) so it will be tough to beat. Spielberg scored a coup with Bill Clinton today and that will play well with a lot of AMPAS voters.

Edited by TLK
  • Like 1