BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

3 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Bruh. the film is literally gonna do double of previous spidey film in many markets. You can't compare with A:EG and say it hit diminishing returns.

Thor 4, DS2 will again increase a LOT from their previous film in their franchise. BP 2 is perhaps to big replicate in US but overseas should beat BP 1 handily.

Obviously I meant with the last 3 films. Not Spider-Man. 

28 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Last 3 films had various factors against them.

But even without them, all 3 were first in their franchise.

None of them convey that MCU has hit diminishing returns.

I disagree. But the next few years won’t be a good comparison because they’re full of sequels. So we’ll never know. 

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I disagree. But the next few years won’t be a good comparison because they’re full of sequels. So we’ll never know. 

black widow had an pa+lack of china, shang chi made 432 mill ww without china and with a overseas situation bad at best plus the unknown character. In a normal enviroment shang chi would have hit 500-600 mill ww on par with antman which is a fine result , as for eternals the problem there was the reception mainly plus also luck of china.Context matters...

Edited by john2000
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, john2000 said:

black widow had an pa+lack of china, shang chi made 432 mill ww without china and with a overseas situation bad at best plus the unknown character. In a normal enviroment shang chi would have hit 500-600 mill ww on par with antman which is a fine result , as for eternals the problem there was the reception mainly plus also luck of china.Context matters...

I’m obviously fully aware of all that, it doesn’t change what I said though.

They’ve had a difficult year with all three of their films include very public law suits, films being banned in the country it was made for, first bad reviews etc. And Spider-Man is a Sony film. 

Sorry for derailing the Spain thread, didn’t mean to. 

• Disbelief 1

25 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I’m obviously fully aware of all that, it doesn’t change what I said though.

They’ve had a difficult year with all three of their films include very public law suits, films being banned in the country it was made for, first bad reviews etc. And Spider-Man is a Sony film. 

Sorry for derailing the Spain thread, didn’t mean to. 

Uh?

In 2019 -  Marvel made 1.45B with Endgame and Captain Marvel. Total Collection of 2019 stood at 11.13B (of top 200 Movies) --------> Marvel has 13% share.

In 2021 - Marvel made 560m with Eternals, SC and BW. Total Domestic Collection stands at 3.6B (of top 200 Movies) ------> Marvel already has 16% Share (some movies still grossing)

Hollywood had a difficult year, there was nothing wrong with Marvel itself. If not for Public law Suit, Films banned in Country made for and first few reviews, Marvel might have gobbled up 2021 by themselves.

Both 2019 and 2021 has Spiderman - which is co-produced by Sony and Marvel. If you will add Spiderman BO to marvel to both years, % share will only increase in favor of Marvel (2021). 

Edited by anti-Pedantic
  • Like 3

SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME PRE-SALES (D-3) - 4.481 tickets sold (65 showtimes on Thursday in 4 theatres)

Comps:

8,73x DUNE (Released on Friday)

12,55x NTTD (Released on Friday)

2,56x Eternals (D-0) (Released on Friday)

2,90x Venom 2 (D-0) (Released on Friday)

Amazing numbers. EndGame had 2.286 tickets sold (D-3) in the theatre I've always tracked (Cinesa Manoteras) and No Way Home is at 1.442 tickets sold

• Like 6

SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME PRE-SALES (D-0) - 5.618 tickets sold (75 showtimes on Thursday in 4 theatres)

Comps:

4,18x DUNE (Released on Friday) (€8,57M OW)

6,62x Shang-Chi (Released on Friday) (€10,06M OW)

3,21x Eternals (Released on Friday) (€8,30M OW)

3,63x Venom 2 (Released on Friday) (€11,84M OW)

1,13x TROS (Released on Thursday) (€7,78M 4-day)

0,71x EndGame (Released on Thursday) (1 theater tracked) (€8,88M 4-day)

€8M-8.5M (4-day), €6.5M-7M OW is my prediction

Edited by ScareLol
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ScareLol said:

Spiderman debuts with €2M on Thursday. Endgame did €2.15M

Excellent result, but this also shows that pre-sales (especially during covid) must always be taken with a grain of salt. I remember that the number of tickets sold in advance in Spain was more than double than in Italy, yet the opening day is 50% lower...