BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

12 minutes ago, Bruce said:

And It's the only Superhero film break all-time record in developed country

Sad!   

Maybe Avengers 5/6/7/8 can pick up the slack for this weak genre some day and prove it has commercial potential.

10 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Sad!   

Maybe Avengers 5/6/7/8 can pick up the slack for this weak genre some day and prove it has commercial potential.

Maybe Avengers 50, when inflation can make a film can beat the Avatar's €77m in Spain. Before that, I do not see anything with that potential. Not even a local film. 8 apellidos vascos (Spanish affairs) sold the same amount of admissions than Avatar, but the lack of 3D did it "just" could gross €55m, nearly a 30% lower.

With current average ticket price it would be needed about 12-12.5 million admissions, 1 million more than Titanic.

It is obvious that SH genre has commercial potential, and EG, Joker or NWH are proof of it in Spain, with 4-5 million admissions each in a 2 1/2 years gap. Few films do that. Sincerely, and it is only my opinion, I prefer other films to beat records. I am tired that always the same genre is the dominant.

Edited by peludo
  • Like 1

Just now, peludo said:

Maybe Avengers 50, when inflation can make a film can beat the Avatar's €77m in Spain. Before that, I do not see anything with that potential. Not even a local film. 8 apellidos vascos (Spanish affairs) sold the same amount of admissions than Avatar, but the lack of 3D did it "just" could gross €55m, nearly a 30% lower.

It is obvious that SH genre has commercial potential, and EG, Joker or NWH are proof of it in Spain, with 4-5 million admissions each in a 2 1/2 years gap. Few films do that. Sincerely, and it is only my opinion, I prefer other films to beat records. I am tired that always the same genre is the dominant.

Hey we don’t need anything from Spain. You guys already gave SH an all-time lc record, you are heroes. It’s rest of developed world that needs it 😛    

Not sure what else can really challenge TFA, even with 5 more years inflation.

3 minutes ago, peludo said:

Really interesting data. Thank you :)

Jedis are sort of superheroes :P

A superhero or superheroine is a stock character that possesses superpowers, abilities beyond those of ordinary people, and fits the role of the hero, typically using his or her powers to help the world become a better place, or dedicating themselves to protecting the public and fighting crime.

Fits perfect.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Astonished 1

Just now, charlie Jatinder said:

Jedis are sort of superheroes :P

Well, Gandalf could be seen as a SH too :P I wish LOTR could be on top everywhere. At least, it is still the biggest franchise in my country.

Concerning Jedis, I have only loved the original SW trilogy. The prequels were just ok.

I defended TFA chances of making history in BO and when I saw the OW, I was definitely glad. But after that OW, I saw the films. I just can say I do not want to see something new about SW for a loooong time.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Yeah in pesetas Superman break all-time recordAnd It's the only Superhero film break all-time record in developed country

You talking about Developed Nations of 1980s only, no? 

Because In Today's world -

Hong Kong SAR, China

Singapore

Two highly developed Countries (identified by UN) had Endgame/Infinity broke all time record.

Also, UAE, KSA & Qatar too are developed countries now.

15 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Guess it will go past 28 after all

I do not know if it is lack of interest in new films, but holds are being amazing. €28m is definitely in play. With this kind of drops it could even try €28.6m of HP1.

• Like 1