Gopher

The 2013 Box Office Awards Nominations (THANKS FOR VOTING)

OMG I`m as nominee! :hi5::mouthdropped::hug: :cloud9:I promise I won`t vote for myself.Anyway, very miffed that Prometheus didn`t make Worst Picture, that Misty Mountain Score didn`t make the best score (I get that TH score is recycled but MM is one of the best themes in the entire series,c`mon) and that my men Hiddlesworth and RDJ didn`t make the best cast.But Cloud Atlas love is cool!

• Like 1

I love JLaw as much as the next guy/girl, but it's an utter joke that she got nominated for THG, there are plenty of great performances out there, but I guess many people's movie tally of the year is in single digits and involves only blockbusters. I'm digging the Cloud Atlas and Django love. Supporting actor cat is cool, wonder how it's going to play out.TDKR got BP and Avengers didn't. Nuff said lol

• Like 2

She was good, but far from great. There are plenty of great performances overlooked. How the hell got Lee and Pi BD and BP, most boring film of the year by a country mile.Based on the noms, it's between Django and Cloud Atlas for the BP, however I'd like to see The Master to upset.

Edited by Alfred Unchained

I love JLaw as much as the next guy/girl, but it's an utter joke that she got nominated for THG, there are plenty of great performances out there, but I guess many people's movie tally of the year is in single digits and involves only blockbusters.

I dunno, man. It was a pretty weak year for lead actress candidates, especially when one of the most prominent ones (Riva) is in a movie that has played barely anywhere in the U.S. thus far. When I filled out my ballot, the only three names that came to my mind were Lawrence (for Silver Linings Playbook), Chastain, and Wallis. Lawrence for Hunger Games then slotted in fourth when I looked back over the list of movies I saw from last year. This was the only traditional category where I needed to think hard about getting to five rather than cutting down to five.