Ezen Baklattan

BOF's 15 Best Films Of 2012. (TDKR Tribute On Pg. 19!)

Top 5, sure. Top Overall? More of a question. I'd love to see it on top, ranked it in fifth, would probably be higher if I was able to see it a second time.

I had LOP on top. It gets better with repeat viewings. I loved it much more on my 2nd & 3rd time.Yay for CA. I loved that movie. Edited by druv10

Fear not, acsc, your worries end now.

6. ZERO DARK THIRTY - Directed By Kathryn Bigelow (158 Points)

Posted Image

“I’m the motherfucker who found this place.”

Kathryn Bigelow’s second take on the war on terror definitely matches The Hurt Locker, if not exceeds it. Zero Dark Thirty is a non-stop thrill ride, even with limited action scenes and a lengthy run time of 157 minutes. This is helped by an amazing ensemble in a year of amazing ensembles. Jessica Chastain leads the pack as Maya, the woman who has tried restlessly to find the terrorist mastermind. That, and you’ve got an awesome finale where the Navy Seals Six team executes the global menace.

User Reviews

Chastain is very good, Clarke is great, the ensemble is ginormous, and Mark Strong plays someone with hair.” - Numbers

“Dense, taut, gripping. The ultimate procedural. Lots of information thrown at you and you're left to grasp bits and pieces and fill in what's going on, but it's never confusing.” - Telemachos

Facts & Figures

Box Office: 57m DOM / 60m WW (And Counting)

Rotten Tomatoes: 93% (8.7/10 Av. Rating)

Metacritic: 95

• Like 6

On a sidenote, Pi definitely has my vote for BP in the awards, unless SLP utterly redefines my life in sheer amazingness.

Actually relooking at my ballot both here and in the awards, somehow I ranked DKR above Pi... Not going make that mistake on my next vote. :lol: Edited by Break-It Blank