Ezen Baklattan

BOF's 15 Best Films Of 2012. (TDKR Tribute On Pg. 19!)

Now for something we can all agree on!

12. THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER - Directed By Stephen Chbosky (112 Points)

Posted Image

“And in this moment I swear, we are infinite.”

When it comes to adapting things, it sometimes works to do it yourself, much like Stephen Chbosky’s thought process when he made this film. Boy, does it pay off. The Perks of Being a Wallflower is a funny, poignant, generation defining film with a phenomenal cast and an awesome soundtrack. Too bad Summit Entertainment really dropped the ball in releasing this.

User Reviews

“Perks of Being a Wallflower is an immense revelation. It is the most profound and emotionally resonant coming of age film I've ever seen in my life, and this will undoubtedly become a classic in the genre. The great thing about Perks is that it never undermines the underlying darkness of the story. It's there and it's palpable.” - Noctis

“Has to be one of the best adaptations that has made it to the silver screen.” - BK007

Facts & Figures

Box Office: 17m DOM / 28m WW

Rotten Tomatoes: 85% (7.4/10 av. Rating)

Metacritic: 67

• Like 7

The people at Summit are weird. Anyways...

11. LINCOLN - Directed by Steven Spielberg (119 Points)

Posted Image

Do you think we choose the times into which we are born? Or do we fit the times we are born into?”

Lincoln pretty much seems like the ultimate movie. Daniel Day Lewis plays Lincoln, directed by Spielberg, with a huge ensemble cast ranging from Sally Field to Joseph Gordon Levitt to Tommy Lee Jones. Indeed, Lincoln seems too good to be true for some, but boy, this is a rewarding experience. The script, the performances, the direction, everything is simply fantastic.

User Reviews

“Simply fantastic, Daniel Day Lewis played Lincoln perfectly.” - Water Bottle

“But Spielberg adds another amazing chapter to his legend. IMO, it's his best movie since Saving Private Ryan and there was no better filmmaker to put to film the end of slavery. He can do it all and he has certinaly put himself on the pinnacle of Hollywood again.” - 33Legend

Facts & Figures

Box Office: 161m DOM / 164m WW (And counting)

Rotten Tomatoes: 91% (8.1/10 Av. Rating)

Metacritic: 86

• Like 1

“It's a masterpiece of a movie, cinematography was fine, it was emotional and well made. It does tower and buckle and tiny bit under the sheer size of what it is, but it's still brilliant.” - Riczhang

If that doesn't describe a masterpiece, I don't know what does!

I can only imagine when the winners are announced in that one :lol:

When I don't win (and I know that award isn't going to me) that thread is gonna get such a shitstorm of pissed off faces and disapproving TLJ gifs that the entire fucking Internet is gonna crash.
  • Like 3

Well, acsc1312, don't blame me. I'm merely the messenger. :ph34r:

10. LOOPER - Directed By Rian Johnson (121 Points)

Posted Image

“This time travel crap, just fries your brain like a egg...”

The fact that Hollywood would release an R-rated mindbending sci-fi action film with a budget of 60 million and a director without a wide release makes me overjoyed. Indeed, half of the Internet fell in love with this film, combining a sharp script, great direction, and some really interesting questions about time travel. Rian Johnson has made a name for himself with this brilliant ride.

User Reviews

“Loved it, like how it all connected and I love how one minute you are with Young Joe, then the next you are with Old Joe, then you hate Old Joe, then you are with the Kid, they you are against him cause you know his future. I mean someone might see that as confusing but it made me love the movie more. “ - Filmscholar

I have not felt like this since Inception. Rian Johnson delivers a film with great acting by Joseph Gordon Levitt, Bruce Willis, and probably the best performance I have ever seen out of Emily Blunt.” - MGK17

Facts & Figures

Box Office: 66m DOM / 166m WW

Rotten Tomatoes: 93% (8.1/10 Av. Rating)

Metacritic: 84

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 2

When I don't win (and I know that award isn't going to me) that thread is gonna get such a shitstorm of pissed off faces and disapproving TLJ gifs that the entire fucking Internet is gonna crash.

This just become my most anticipated moment in my life :rofl: