Ezen Baklattan

BOF's 15 Best Films Of 2012. (TDKR Tribute On Pg. 19!)

Speak of the devil, Blank.

8. MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS - Directed By Joss Whedon (130 Points)

Posted Image

Have you ever tried shawarma? There's a shawarma joint about two blocks from here. I don't know what it is, but I wanna try it.”

The Avengers is the ultimate summer blockbuster. Seeing four superheroes (and two assassins) introduced to the big screen from up to four years ago team up to save the world proves to be a completely joyous experience, and we have Joss Whedon to thank for that. His script (co-written with Zak Penn) elevates the film from generic popcorn entertainment to a witty, exhilarating ride.

User Reviews

“If I can sum up this movie in two words: FUCK YEAH.” - C00k13

It flows so well the second time around that it's pretty much cemented as my favorite non-Nolan comic book movie. It's like Whedon wrote and illustrated a great comic book and put it on screen.” - Gopher

Facts & Figures

Box Office: 624m DOM / 1.512b WW

Rotten Tomatoes: 92% (8/10 Av. Rating)

Metacritic: 69

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 3

Wish I was around to write a review for Avengers. After the midnight show it would essentially be: "HULK SMASHES LOKI OH MY GOD AND THE SHWARMA AND THE GALAGA SUCH A GOOD MOVIE I NEED TO SEE IT AGAIN."For the record, I saw it three more times. :P

• Like 1

I love you guys.

7. CLOUD ATLAS - Directed By The Wachowskis & Tom Twyker (153 Points)

Posted Image

“Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.”

Clearly I’m biased, as this is my favorite movie of the year by far, but I truly believe that it deserves so much more than what it had. 6 strong stories on their own are fused together with incredible craft to create something more, something more meaningful and beautiful than could be seen separately. Cloud Atlas is truly a movie that exceeds the sum of its parts. Also, it taught us that with characters playing different ethnicities and sexes don’t have to suck. Looking at you, Adam Sandler and Eddie Murphy.

User Reviews

Loved it. Top notch acting by everyone. Also, they edited the shit out of this movie, probably the biggest editing undertaking since Inception`s three-level dream sequence and Avatar`s digital everything.” - Fishnets

“Holy incredible ride. What's brilliant about it is how well all stories come together. For about an hour it's the anticipation of how/if this will work. But boy does it.” - acsc1312

Facts & Figures

Box Office: 27m DOM / 71m WW

Rotten Tomatoes: 64% (6.5/10 Av. Rating)

Metacritic: 55

Killjoys.

• Like 2

I think Pi will be in top 5. You're seriously underestimating the love for it on this site.

Top 5, sure. Top Overall? More of a question. I'd love to see it on top, ranked it in fifth, would probably be higher if I was able to see it a second time.

Hunger games >beasts

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WROGN WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WROGN WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG
  • Like 3