Moviedweeb

Star Wars–No more 3D prequel re-releases

Great news.  Releasing Clones and Sith would've only dampened the hype for the new Star Wars movie.

Clones maybe but not ROTS. Most people I know thought ROTS was pretty good. I even know someone who likes it better than any of the originals! If TPM can manage 100m+ WW, then I'm sure ROTS could do just as well if not slightly better. If they don't release any of them in 3D, then I hope they do a marathon showing leading up to EP7's midnight release. That seems to be a new thing that's starting to gain some steam these days.
  • Like 1

Clones maybe but not ROTS. Most people I know thought ROTS was pretty good. I even know someone who likes it better than any of the originals! If TPM can manage 100m+ WW, then I'm sure ROTS could do just as well if not slightly better.If they don't release any of them in 3D, then I hope they do a marathon showing leading up to EP7's midnight release. That seems to be a new thing that's starting to gain some steam these days.

I think ROTS might be the worst of the prequel trilogy after seeing them again. They are all pretty equally matched in terms of badness, but ROTS handled the most significant moments in the Star Wars universe pretty poorly which was highly disappointing. 

I think ROTS might be the worst of the prequel trilogy after seeing them again. They are all pretty equally matched in terms of badness, but ROTS handled the most significant moments in the Star Wars universe pretty poorly which was highly disappointing. 

:ninja:

• Like 1

Disney's getting wise to the poor re-release trend.

I don't think Disney has much say in this. Fox still owns the distribution rights to the original six films through 2020. It seems more like Lucasfilm persuaded Fox to pull the re-releases partially because of LF needing to shift focus to the new films and partially because 3D re-releases are in a quick decline. It wouldn't be the first time Fox has pulled a re-release either, remember Independence Day 3D?

Edited by C00k13

I remember really liking Sith when it first came out, and then I rewatched it a year later and I realized it's actually a pretty bad movie. True, it's not QUITE as godawful as TPM and especially AOTC (which is probably one of the worst films I've ever seen), but it still suffers the same problems as the other prequels in a big way. It's a C- vs. a D-/F.

• Like 1