Moviedweeb

Star Wars–No more 3D prequel re-releases

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/exclusive-no-more-star-wars-3d-prequel-releases-lucasfilm-passes-to-focus-on-new-trilogy/

I think this is definitely a smart decision since, beyond making a few bucks, they can only hurt the perception of SW. Now is the time to build good will instead of reminding audiences about the prequels which play even worse now then they did in the early 2000s. 

Edit: If they can pull it off visually, I'd still love to see A New Hope, Empire, and Jedi on the big screen even if in 3D. 

Edited by Clavius

There was nothing disappointing about its box office, as Nikki claims there was....and if anyone thought it was nothing but a "Craven cash grab" then why the fuck did they go drop 15 bucks on the film? No one comes to your door, knocks on it, and greets you with a summons that says, you must see this film or you will be hung until you are no longer breathing. People choose to go to the films, it's a choice.I'm personally upset at this. I was kind of looking forward to Clones and I was really excited about Sith. Fuck you Disney....not happy with this at all.

There was nothing disappointing about its box office, as Nikki claims there was....and if anyone thought it was nothing but a "Craven cash grab" then why the fuck did they go drop 15 bucks on the film? No one comes to your door, knocks on it, and greets you with a summons that says, you must see this film or you will be hung until you are no longer breathing. People choose to go to the films, it's a choice.I'm personally upset at this. I was kind of looking forward to Clones and I was really excited about Sith. Fuck you Disney....not happy with this at all.

Lol, I do agree with your first paragraph (the release made over $100m WW) and still want to see those films in 3D (especially Clones) but on a financial level, I think it's a smart business decision. 

Edited by Clavius

Hopefully they will still release their work on blu-ray. I do like to see the creative decisions that go into a non-rushed conversion and was also excited to see how the digital effects would translate into 3D. 

Edit: I think the droid factory scene would be stunning in 3D. 

Edited by Clavius

Was looking forward to taking my son to see Clones and Revenge of the Sith on the big screen.  He is a huge Star Wars fan and was too young to see them when they first came out :(

I was also looking forward to seeing Revenge of the Sith one more time on the big screen, not so much for Clones.

• Like 2