ChD

Weekend Estimates (WB $19.5M, SLP $8.1M, BTTH $4.5M, SUG $1.5M)

Rocky and Rambo succeeded because people wanted to see Stallone playing those characters again. Nobody (except Algren) wants to see Stallone playing Stallone anymore.

Btw, BTTH is easily going to be his least attended wide release.

Edited by C00k13

Rocky and Rambo succeeded because people wanted to see Stallone playing those characters again. Nobody (except Algren) wants to see Stallone playing Stallone anymore.

Btw, BTTH is easily going to be his least attended wide release.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OK, so BTTH bombing is a good news cause Sly movies can only go up from this, right?

So Sly and Arnie are doing the Tomb together.  So if TLS made 6 million and BTTH is looking at 3 million that means 9 million for the Tomb

BTTH is looking at about 4 million and The Tomb can go 6 - 4 = 2 million. It isn`t called Tomb for nothing.

I`m sick of people associating Michael Bay with racism. The guy launched 2 black actors into movie stardom. Bad Boys wasn`t made right now but back in time when black actors were not considered draws. So, please, enough with robot sterotypes who were written by Kurzman and Orci. Also, Pain and Gain has racially diverse principal cast. The Rock is Hawaii and black mix. Anthony Macky is black. They didn`t whiten the characters which is what Hollywood tends to do. Yeah, yeha, true story. They could have changed the names and make everyone white. Happened before in that Sturgess/Bosworth movie that was based on smart Asian kids. All those characters were played by whites. So take Bay off the list. He certianly doesn`t exploit st black (Maori) actors as nameless villains only like some of his peers.

I hate to correct you Fish, but really Will Smith's early rap career and TV series and Martin Lawrences early stand-up career and TV series started off their careers, both shows were still on when BB came out. And The Rock is black and samoan and was born in California. BUT i agree with you, MB takes too much shit and i dont care for Kurtzman and Orci. Edited by jandrew

I hate to correct you Fish, but really Will Smith's early rap career and TV series and Martin Lawrences early stand-up career and TV series started off their careers, both shows were still on when BB came out. And The Rock is black and samoan and was born in California. BUT i agree with you, MB takes too much shit and i dont care for Kurtzman and Orci.

MB launched them into movie stardom. I know that they were TV stars before so Will especially is a rare bird who transitioned from TV to movies. Bad Boys was a big break in that regard. This ties in with Captian America thread where EvC PR is trying to convince us that she`ll make a transition although her clones Kristen Bell and Blake Lively haven`t.

Edited by fishnets

I don't think Bay is racist. Too conservative for my blood, yes, and a bit homophobic sadly, but racist? Nah. For all the points Fishnets brought up.

Also, don't drag Snitch into the B-Movie action flops, the Rock is actually a big time relevant star right now and that movie seems to have a plot.

I don't think Bay is racist. Too conservative for my blood, yes, and a bit homophobic sadly, but racist? Nah. For all the points Fishnets brought up.

Also, don't drag Snitch into the B-Movie action flops, the Rock is actually a big time relevant star right now and that movie seems to have a plot.

Snitch hasn`t come out yet and The Rock isn`t in TE so he shouldn`t be hit by the curse.

• Like 1

Algren is polar opposites of another person that posts on that site, Libs. She's a raging feminist who hates men.

Pardon me but that's actually not remotely close to the truth. I'm a feminist in a lot of ways but I'm hardly a raging feminist. And I like men just fine (if I hated men, dating them all my life has been a terrible mistake lol)...just not people like Algren.

Edited by Libs
  • Like 1

Pardon me but that's actually not remotely close to the truth. I'm a feminist in a lot of ways but I'm hardly a raging feminist. And I like men just fine (if I hated men, dating them all my life has been a terrible mistake lol)...just not people like Algren.

Well, actually it was close to the truth in that you admitted that you're a feminist in a lot of ways. Like what ways exactly?

Well, actually it was close to the truth in that you admitted that you're a feminist in a lot of ways. Like what ways exactly?

I'm about supporting women and women's rights, but doing so doesn't mean I hate men. That's an unfair categorization. My "support women" agenda comes through so strong most of the time because I'm pretty much the only woman who even still posts at KJ regularly (there used to be several but they've all disappeared). Dunno what it's like here.

So Arnold's The Last Stand barely pulls 6M on OW. Statham's Parker is able to crack the 7M.

We should have seen Stallone's BttH not being able to even to do 4.5M.

Bruce Willis may be safe with the Die Hard name behind him, but I fave a feeling the movie won't make 100M.

The Rock's Snitch will be another 7-8M OW.