Impact

Best Actress-2013

I was reading some Blue Jamine reviews, and man, the raves about Blanchett s performance are kinda ridiculous.

It is like a hyperbole context between critics : best female performance since slice bread ! no best performance ever ! most interesting female part since the discovery of fire ! Cate Blanchett reivented acting and put it on orbit !!!!!!!!!!"

I have no doubt the part is great as Cate's performance but , talk about ridiculous hyperboles.

I am also a Blanchett's skeptic, always admired her but never really liked her as an actress.

Her perfection and hamming style acting are quite boring for the most part.

In her performances, I mostly see a virtuoso who acts but rarely a character who lives and breathes.

Loved Blanchett in Babel & Button though.

Edited by The Futurist

An Oprah wil would be so fucking ridiculous.

She doesn't have to do an Oscar campaign.

She is the goddam campaign !!!

Harvey will ensure her effort fails. Streep's demotion is confirmation that he's pushing for #4. There's not other logical reason. And since Oprah and Meryl are both Weinstein....... Oprah's not winning. 

I am also a Blanchett's skeptic, always admired her but never really liked her as an actress.

Her perfection and hamming style acting are quite boring for the most part.

In her performances, I mostly see a virtuoso who acts but rarely a character who lives and breathes.

She is hammy and virtuoso AND a character who lives and breathes in Blue Jasmine. As strange as it sounds it works perfectly because the character is a big fake so cartoonish acting is really appropriate here. She's also very funny here and very likable. Perfect comic timing. Dind't reinvent acting, though. But Meryl won't win 4th and Dame Judi won't win second so...

• Like 1

ADF :wub:

Ric, just go into hibernation. Things are getting worse and worse by an hour. Butler is happening, Meryl isn't winning, Knightmare returns next year as a long suffering wife of a Cumbergay husband. I see no hope for your faves until maybe 2015.

ADF :wub:

Ric, just go into hibernation. Things are getting worse and worse by an hour. Butler is happening, Meryl isn't winning, Knightmare returns next year as a long suffering wife of a Cumbergay husband. I see no hope for your faves until maybe 2015.

Meryl's still in supporting as far as I know. So she's winning there. And Shitler is sadly happening, but may die as festival season buries it. And WTF IS THAT ABOUT CARDBOARD STANDEE? Just shoot me now. (And i'm actually feeling strangely confident in August. I think it could hit huge.) 

If it is down to Meryl and Oprah for Harvey, he will pick Oprah. Meryl is a regular fixture at Oscars while Oprah isn't but she is the highest profile woman in the world. A legitimate Oscar campaign for Oprah will do wonders for Harvey and TWC. Harvey has a shrewd sense of business and politics. If Oprah's performance is Oscar-worthy he is not letting this opportunity go to waste.

If it is down to Meryl and Oprah for Harvey, he will pick Oprah. Meryl is a regular fixture at Oscars while Oprah isn't but she is the highest profile woman in the world. A legitimate Oscar campaign for Oprah will do wonders for Harvey and TWC. Harvey has a shrewd sense of business and politics. If Oprah's performance is Oscar-worthy he is not letting this opportunity go to waste.

Eh, wouldn't go that far. People like Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama, Queen Elizabeth etc. are much better known worldwide than Oprah who is mainly famous in the US.

Edited by Cairo

Oh Fishy, guess what I found on ADF?

Posted Image

OMG, that's a Shitturd where she's a lesbian. Like total Oscah bait. Real life character. Lesbian. American accent.

What did ADF say?

This shit got good reviews in Berlin but the chick that Shitto's hugging got all the raves. Like, charismatic, commands the screen. In short, obliterated the Bland One.

Cardboard Standee is hoping for ABM effect where Rusty got Jennifer in for a win.