Impact

Best Actress-2013

An Amy upset would be glorious !

Cate " I overthink every movement of each eyebrow" Blanchett will sadly win this easily.

Like DDL, Blanchett is too much of a virtuoso and the end result are perfect performances devoided of emotion.

But I reckon it s all very subjective.

I actually think Dench is next in line to win if for some reason Blanchett gets snubbed. Philomena got way more love than most  were predicting. A lot of experts didn't even have it getting into BP with 10 nominees. It's obvious the Academy really likes it. And Dench is putting the cap on her career, so you never know when they'll give it to those kind of performances as kind of an honorary type award.

Edited by MovieMan89

I actually think Dench is next in line to win if for some reason Blanchett gets snubbed. Philomena got way more love than most  were predicting. A lot of experts didn't even have it getting into BP with 10 nominees. It's obvious the Academy really likes it. And Dench is putting the cap on her career, so you never know when they'll give it to those kind of performances as kind of an honorary type award.

Yeah. Either her or Bullock. 

I don't think Amy's really got a chance anymore. American Hustle Backlash is in full swing atm. (I mean even the WGAs........ AH isn't gonna get a single guild win other than ensemble which really isn't all that great for its chances.) So, second in line I can see either Bullock because Gravity's got a very strong shot at BP or Dench because she has probably the strongest narrative out of all the nominees. Never won BA, Totally egregiously snubbed for BA in the past. Going Blind. Heartwarming Story. Weinstein. BP nominee. I mean she would be our frontrunner in any normal year. 

• Like 1

I guess it could be Bullock again if they go for a complete Gravity sweep. I think that's the only way she'd win though, if Gravity is getting all 10 of its noms.

Even then I think Care would win. This is like Helen Mirren in the Queen. Nothing is stopping her.