iceroll

Oscars Final Ratings: Over 40 million viewers 13.0 A18-49 ratings, TTYL Seth Haters

I can just picture during right then-"Wait...I don't remember this part in The Hunger Games..." "Wait she was not nominated for that but for something else???"(Not saying that SLP was a bad movie as I never saw it-but I can picture kids thinking she was nominated for THG)

Thats true-but still I can picture that.

I remember in 1997 a friend and I were watching it (okay 98 actually) and then Robin Williams and he went "For Flubber"-he then attempted to have me believe he really thought he was nominated for Flubber. (Of course he was joking :lol:)

Agreed. He was hit and miss. I think if he keeps it up he lost tons of the female audience, Jews and Christians it almost seemed last night.

Well if those females, Jews and Christians were really that uptight to be offended enough to that they were "lost" as an audience then maybe they should just never turn on the TV or speak to anyone in case they get more offended.

• Like 3

Yeah true-but yeah it was a strange choice for a host...I think they might not want him back really is the problem.

Yeah just like how the Golden Globes didn't want Ricky Gervais back after he gave a controversial hosting performanc- oh wait, he came back 2 more years.  Seth MacFarlane was a hit for the ratings and he did a great job hosting.  They'd be dumb to give into the sensitive crybabies and not beg him back.

Well it is poltical in a way-they have more probelms with Conservatives who do more tamer jokes and find them more offensive then some of those last night. Don't want to get into that though.

Now bring back Billy.

The only thing that really bugged me was how they had the first lady presenting but whatever...

While the opening number was a bit bad though.

He is not the worse host. Goldberg is much worse and she did it 3 times...

And finally I really thought Pi was going to surprise last night-Argo was not winning anything. Lincoln was not doing too hot either. Yet Pi was doing really well. When it won director I went "it's over." I was thinking if Spielberg won Lincoln/Argo would both have a great chance still.

The only thing that really bugged me was how they had the first lady presenting but whatever...

While the opening number was a bit bad though.

He is not the worse host. Goldberg is much worse and she did it 3 times...

Why's that bad? I thought it was cool and Michelle gave a good speech.

• Like 1

Seth's animation empire on FOX is really young-skewing especially Family Guy so he could be a factor as well to draw some young folks especially young men (but I doubt those young men watched all 3.5 hours, maybe just the monologue)

And yes the appealing movies definitely helped. Last year was up as well because despite The Artist's narrow appeal, it still had some major stars nominated Meryl Streep (even if people haven't seen Iron Lady they are curious if she could win), Brad Pitt and George Clooney plus The Help was a box office and it was a frontrunner in 2 acting categories so that helped (and maybe Bridesmaids too?). If was still mostly an appealing batch compared to the year when No Country won when even the acting nominees (and eventual winners) didn't have the star power.

And well this is still event TV :)

I don't Macfarlane will be back. Reviews are battleship bad. 

I think he might. The Academy cares about the actual GA response more than the critics, and they've been fairly good as a whole. Much, much better than the critics. 

Nope. The room didn't like him, Affleck and Clooney especially. That means he won't be back.Last night's telecast was a failure on so many levels that I never want to see those producers back again.

I dunno what show you were watching. The show I watched was the best in a long time. 

• Like 2