The Movie Man

Waiting....

The Avengers last year has to be one of my favorites. The long line waiting to see it in Imax, the previews including The Dark Knight Rises teaser, and the audiences enthusiasm seeing the movie. I've only seen 2 or 3 movies get applause at this theater. A few others include Independence Day. This was my first real anticipated movie as a kid.

Wow. Independence Day. I made a special day of that as a teen. Went to eat at Windows on the World in NYC on the 110 th Floor and then went to see it at the Ziegfield in NYC. One of the Best Old Theaters at the Time.

Iron Man Preview in Hollywood Tonight....Love to get into this screen and party!!!!

and the Big Movies are starting! Thank the Hollywood Movie Gods!

ROTS was the last movie I got really excited waiting to see. Especially as I'd just watched the previous 5 films and George Lucas was in the cinema  :D

Now days it's hard to get that excited before a movie. Especially with the fucking first look bullshit they play before movies in most places now. It used to be you could talk to the people with you or just chill while waiting for the previews to start. Now they assault you with advertising for the latest Disney show or whatever at full volume the moment you walk in.

Edited by Darth Homer

The wait before watching DH2 and The Hobbit for the first time was absolutely incredible, The hobbit more from a personal stance of loving the LOTR and being terrified and excited to see how it was, and DH2 for the crowd, the buzz in that audience was something i've never seen before

I got a question y'all: How many trailers do they usually show before movies in the US? Here in Sweden its 3 or 4 max.

Could be 3 to about 6....and do the trailers come with the film already attached from the studios?????

Just noticed this in the crowd reports.....which confirms the higher numbers

Iron Man 3

4:15 PM

About 95% full (The most crowded I've seen in well, a year)

Trailers:Fast 6: Pretty good reaction-about the 500th time I've seen this trailer.

Man of Steel: Good reaciton.

White House Down: Decent reaction-laughs at the end.

Lone Ranger: Had the best reaction of the bunch. Looks really good.Wolverine 2: The most silent reaction fo the films, some talking though.

Thor 2: Tons of "Yes! I want that!" Looks good.

Edited by Truman Burbank