REALLY anticipating this...but I went on IMBD and checked out what the Directors/Writers past films were like and TBH I'm not impressed.

It's not like it's terrible, though. Their involvement with 90s Disney movies shows that Chapman and Mecchi are certainly capable of writing good stories.

I long for the days of original Pixar films. Hopefully this is a real smash hit in terms of quality first and foremost because otherwise the next original movie will be another 2 years from now.

Maybe because Cars 2 was crap, but it already feels like Pixar have been out of it for awhile. Ratatouille remains my favourite Pixar movie and 2014 will be 7 years from 2007. Gosh. Loved Toy Story 3 of course but that wasn't anything new.

Can't be less excited for Monsters University. Bring that bloody Dinosaur film out already and Inception- by Pixar.

I completely agree with BK007. I underestimated the effect of Cars 2 on Pixar. Somehow, it seems like seeing that logo up on the big screen has lost some of its merit.. some of its charm and prestige. Throw in the slew of sequels and it drops a bit more. ::sigh::

I long for the days of old Pixar and as much as I'm holding on to high hopes for Brave, I just cannot be convinced that we've got another classic coming our way ala Nemo, Up, WallE, Rat, Incredibles.. etc. I have a feeling this ends up being solid, but no homerun. Basically like a an upper tiered movie released by Dreamworks, which quite frankly, doesn't cut it for me on a personal level.

God, I hope to be proven so terribly wrong.

Edited by Letsuseournoggin

It happens, when godlike something (in this case movie studio), who never did any mistakes before, suddenly make a unexpected crap.* So, of course next one from this from-now-on-not-gods-anymore must be taken with a distance.

*Personally I like Cars2 very much.

I literally don't see that at all. How the fuck can it lose "charm and prestige" after one bad film against all those masterpieces that preceded it?

So basically Pixar has a pass at making shit films because of all those masterpieces? How does it not lose some of what it took so long to build?

I completely agree with BK007. I underestimated the effect of Cars 2 on Pixar. Somehow, it seems like seeing that logo up on the big screen has lost some of its merit.. some of its charm and prestige. Throw in the slew of sequels and it drops a bit more. ::sigh:: I long for the days of old Pixar and as much as I'm holding on to high hopes for Brave, I just cannot be convinced that we've got another classic coming our way ala Nemo, Up, WallE, Rat, Incredibles.. etc. I have a feeling this ends up being solid, but no homerun. Basically like a an upper tiered movie released by Dreamworks, which quite frankly, doesn't cut it for me on a personal level. God, I hope to be proven so terribly wrong.

Most people won't hold it against Pixar.

So basically Pixar has a pass at making shit films because of all those masterpieces? How does it not lose some of what it took so long to build?

But you are assumming that Brave is crap, from what I have seen it looks very good so far.