I don't think TDKR and Brave are after the same demographic.

How many parents will go see TDKR instead of take the kids to see Brave? Or parents with old enough kids take them out to see TDKR instead of Brave? It won't have to be a huge % of TDKR's audience to turn Brave's drops from 40% into 50%+. But I think TASM and IA risk doing the most damage on the 3rd and 4th weekends anyhow.

How many parents will go see TDKR instead of take the kids to see Brave? Or parents with old enough kids take them out to see TDKR instead of Brave? It won't have to be a huge % of TDKR's audience to turn Brave's drops from 40% into 50%+. But I think TASM and IA risk doing the most damage on the 3rd and 4th weekends anyhow.

How are they supposed to see a 2.5 hour film and leave their kid at a 1.5 hour film? That would be pretty irresponsible parenting :/

How are they supposed to see a 2.5 hour film and leave their kid at a 1.5 hour film? That would be pretty irresponsible parenting :/

I'm saying they'll see the movie and have grampa or grandpa watch the kids, or if the kids are old enough, bring them to see Batman, etc.

I can understand the bad reviews because of the twist but it is still a fresh film. That should not be a doubt. Seems pretty lazy critiquing if you ask me. Oh it's not Wall-E, ROTTEN!

I can understand the bad reviews because of the twist but it is still a fresh film. That should not be a doubt. Seems pretty lazy critiquing if you ask me. Oh it's not Wall-E, ROTTEN!

It's 7% less than Madagascar 3. I'm not knocking Madagascar 3, but... honestly, who the hell would have expected that a few weeks ago?