^ I didn't sign up, too much of an effort. I wanted to see if there was any good discussion there.

What I did see were reviews saying Brave was a return to form and etc and then others going with the whole "why do people keep bashing Cars 2?/you're not a fan/why can't you like everything" etc etc stuff that comes across as otherwise naive 12 year olds.

I absolutely deplore that argument. A true fan is a fan of the principles not of the brand name. You don't like everything blindly and call out others because they've found faults.

^ I didn't sign up, too much of an effort. I wanted to see if there was any good discussion there.

What I did see were reviews saying Brave was a return to form and etc and then others going with the whole "why do people keep bashing Cars 2?/you're not a fan/why can't you like everything" etc etc stuff that comes across as otherwise naive 12 year olds.

I absolutely deplore that argument. A true fan is a fan of the principles not of the brand name. You don't like everything blindly and call out others because they've found faults.

How is it a "return to form" for Pixar? The movies were not made one after the other. They were being developed at the same time. The "return to form" statement suggests Pixar launches Cars 2 into development, finishes it, and then releases it -- and only after it receives bad reviews they launch Brave in an effort to overcome the mistakes of Cars 2.

The biggest discussion for me here is development time. Cars 2 and Brave did not receive (to my knowledge) the same development time as many of the other stories, and they suffered for it (Cars 2 much more so than Brave). Both of them got bumped up a year when Newt was canceled. Looking forward, I'm glad they had MU to release next year (assuming the rumors that it was written 7+ years ago). Not only do my kids and fam love MI, but MU has had a ton of time on the drawing board (hopefully), and it gives one more year of development time to Pixar's next few originals.

This is becoming a real pet peeve of mine. It says absolutely nothing about the movie, just a quick way of making it sound "bad".

A number of Dreamworks movies are really good-some better than Brave- so nothing about the description really makes sense.

I'd describe it as Pixar-like in terms of world building, visuals and music, and Disney-like in terms of plot and character development.

A number of Dreamworks movies are really good-some better than Brave- so nothing about the description really makes sense.

I'd describe it as Pixar-like in terms of world building, visuals and music, and Disney-like in terms of plot and character development.

The people that use it usually use it in a derogatory way, as if Dreamworks Animation of the last 4-5 years has not been making movies worth aspiring to.

I cried at the final scene in Brave, of course.

And I'm a big, hairy curmudgeon, the size and attitude of a heavy-weight wrestler, who normally thinks of women as of poor things of lesser luck in life.

And still it gets me every time (I saw it 4 times in cinema in a week).

Up? Wall-e? Toy Story 3? Couldn't wait for it to finish, went straight home, feeling bored and betrayed, swearing at Pixar. Nemo never involved me either. It's just a fish, if you haven't noticed. Monsters Inc. got me though.

Edited by shayhiri

Where I'm from, Iceroll, men are real men and women know their place.

Emasculated "vaginas", Noctis, inhabit a more North American location, play with toys and superheroes all their lives and have females like fishnets b*tch at them incessantly, from birth till divorce.

Edited by shayhiri

Where I'm from, men are real men and women know their place.

Emasculated "vaginas", Noctis, inhabit a more North American location, play with toys and superheroes all their lives and have females like fishnets b*tch at them all of their lives.

uh

Where I'm from, Iceroll, men are real men and women know their place.

Emasculated "vaginas", Noctis, inhabit a more North American location, play with toys and superheroes all their lives and have females like fishnets b*tch at them incessantly, from birth till divorce.

Women have no set place. They're just as qualified as men. I'd love for you to say this in front of my friend. She's an extreme feminist and would probably slap you across the face.

Edited by Noctis

Women have no set place. They're just as qualified as men. I'd love for you to say this in front of my friend. She's an extreme feminist and would probably slap you across the face.

Why would I talk to - or even be in the same room with - a feminist (moreover, extreme) in the first place?

I have no interest whatsoever in such creatures. I've heard they exist, though.