Prometheus,TDKR,Monrise Kingdown,The Hunger Games,TASM,MAD3 and The Avengers are better than Brave!

They're not - but if you liked them more, then good for you, you had an amazing year.

I hated all of them, except TA. (And probably MK, since I'm an Anderson fan, but we shouldn't be talking low-budget movies here.)

I wouldn't be surprised. Personally, I think the story narrative was a mess -- between the mother/daughter, the suitors, the witch and the bear -- it wasn't tied together anywhere near as strong and neat as most Pixar films are.

Maybe there will be shorts of Merrida as a younger child -- would love that (personally, I felt the story could have used more).

To be honest, I don't really mind Mor'du being left out in the final version.

I would've loved if Merida actually explored more of Scotland. Sort of like an epic fantasy journey I was expecting. In that version, Mor'du would play a bigger part, of course, the mother-bear thing could also be tied in, but at a later point in the story. I think that needed to be fleshed out more than it was.

Because Brave is not low-budget. You can not compare a 7m. film to a 170m. film. There's not much common ground for fair comparison.

Though now that I check MK is 16m., I thought Anderson's movies were cheaper. Well in that case we CAN compare them. And Brave is MUCH better than MK.

Oscar changed rules in the Original Song category and now they are required to have 5 nominees, looks like Brave will have a great shot now. I wonder which song will they submit, I hope Learn Me Right

Edited by forg

Brave soundtrack is pretty strong, so at least one song should be nominated. I want Learn me Right because I want to see Birdy and Mumford & Sons perform (should the Oscars bring back the original songs performance which I think they will since they got a lot of flack dropping it this year)