Yes. Opinions are okay but please...the recent one deserves a wtf response. "...bears figure prominently into this, more so than I would have liked. And I'm a fan of bears."

I mean, seriously?

LOL. OK, fair enough on the bears.

Has there been some sort of dynamic shift at Pixar that might be causing these problems?

I just remember an article that said a lot of the movie ideas even for Ratatouille and Wall-E have been created more than a decade ago at first brainstormings. When Pixar wasn't a legend yet. Maybe they try harder now to get new ideas and have lost part of their nonchalance and innocence. Don't know.

Has there been some sort of dynamic shift at Pixar that might be causing these problems?

The director of Brave is a first-timer. Not to mention that the movie struggled a bit when the original director who is a woman by the way, was replaced. Nevertheless, the end product as it appears is good but not exceptional.

Ok, I just got back.

Critics are seriously wrong. This isn't Cars 2 or even the first Cars IMO. In fact, I'd go as far as to say this could be considered as a classic in the Pixar pantheon. All this "too safe, too conventional" crap is BS. The movie is actually pretty bold, especially for a kids movie. It is much darker than most animated movies and every Pixar movie before it. There were children about 6 or 7 crying because it got so scary in some parts. The only thing I would call 'safe' is humour at parts that could have been very emotional. I can see why they did that though, as it would have been too emotionally intense for kids to handle.

The visuals, are just stunning. I know it's an animated movie, but the movie has quite good use of cinematography. Almost as good as HTTYD. The score is amazing. If it doesn't get a nomination, I would sell my soul to the Devil before I sell it to the Academy.

As far as flaws go, again there are 'could have been' moments in funny parts and the movie could have been even better if it was 15-20 minutes longer as it was a little rushed.

As of now I'd say it's the second best movie of the year behind The Cabin in the Woods, which is enough to give it the A grade or 9/10. I think I'll see SW&TH to see if critics got that wrong too. Is June really that disappointing? This should have good legs. At least a 3.5x multiplier.

Ok, I just got back.

Critics are seriously wrong. This isn't Cars 2 or even the first Cars IMO. In fact, I'd go as far as to say this could be considered as a classic in the Pixar pantheon. All this "too safe, too conventional" crap is BS. The movie is actually pretty bold, especially for a kids movie. It is much darker than most animated movies and every Pixar movie before it. There were children about 6 or 7 crying because it got so scary in some parts. The only thing I would call 'safe' is humour at parts that could have been very emotional. I can see why they did that though, as it would have been too emotionally intense for kids to handle.

The visuals, are just stunning. I know it's an animated movie, but the movie has quite good use of cinematography. Almost as good as HTTYD. The score is amazing. If it doesn't get a nomination, I would sell my soul to the Devil before I sell it to the Academy.

As far as flaws go, again there are 'could have been' moments in funny parts and the movie could have been even better if it was 15-20 minutes longer as it was a little rushed.

As of now I'd say it's the second best movie of the year behind The Cabin in the Woods, which is enough to give it the A grade or 9/10. I think I'll see SW&TH to see if critics got that wrong too. Is June really that disappointing? This should have good legs. At least a 3.5x multiplier.

Thank you very much.

I just remember an article that said a lot of the movie ideas even for Ratatouille and Wall-E have been created more than a decade ago at first brainstormings. When Pixar wasn't a legend yet. Maybe they try harder now to get new ideas and have lost part of their nonchalance and innocence. Don't know.

Yes, a bunch of the big guys at Pixar sat down around the time of TS1 and basically came up with all the ideas for all of their movies from A Bug's Life to Up. So that could very well be the problem. They've officially done all the great ideas they had. Now they're kind of aimless so to speak.