RichWS

Friday Numbers

Oh, Harvey ...

Have you seen this on US television ?

I love Harvey and he is right! America is falling in love with JLaw! You think TH:DoS will run the "America is falling in love with Granny" ad? :rofl: NEVER! America hated Kate and will hate Tauriel!

Edited by fishnets

I second that. THG actually affirms her rise to A-list status. But she did help SLP BO a lot, including her Oscar win. SLP itself would have been a dud, given confusing release strategy of Weinstein at first. 

From now on, J Law is clearly a rising star, unlike Kristen Stuart, whose status is pending. J Law has been in action, drama, rom-com, horror. All of them are solid at its own right. With Catching Fire and the next X Men coming her career in another couple of years is hard to fail.

Well THG wasn't big success because of her only and WB was mild success in the boxoffice for it's kind so I will say it would have hit TF's numbers from 2010.

Difference between JLaw and KStew is that many people really don`t like KStew perosnality. Like, really. Twilight or no Twilight. That`s the reason why her indies failed even though her name was supposed to take them out of limited release hell. But it didn`t. JLaw is simply what KStew didn`t become despite big effort. Nobody can say that KStew didn`t mix franchise with baity work. Joan Jett, stripper and that naked On the Road turn were designed for critical praise and possible awards attention. They didn`t illicit any passion despite good critical notices. But nobody cared to back them up seriously. Unlike JLaw in SLP who received big ass push across the board.

In short, personality matters. It didn`t hurt that JLaw`s franchises were well received unlike KStew`s but personality is a big factor that separates a talent who pans out from a talent who doesn`t.

I second that. THG actually affirms her rise to A-list status. But she did help SLP BO a lot, including her Oscar win. SLP itself would have been a dud, given confusing release strategy of Weinstein at first. 

From now on, J Law is clearly a rising star, unlike Kristen Stuart, whose status is pending. J Law has been in action, drama, rom-com, horror. All of them are solid at its own right. With Catching Fire and the next X Men coming her career in another couple of years is hard to fail.

The movie already made past 100m before the oscars.

The movie already made past 100m before the oscars.

JLaw was expected to win for all the awards season save post-BAFTA week when pundits fled to Riva camp. But that`s something that GA didn`t follow so all they were bombared with were JLaw JLaw Jlaw.

• Like 1

Even big twilight fans are not big fans of KStew she's so unlikable it's unreal.

That`s more due to a) jealousy over Robsten and B) cheating scandal ("how could she do that to Rob?" and "I knew she wasn`t good for him" and "NOOOOOOOOOOO, Robsten wasn`t real! That means Bella and Edward are not real!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn you KSTew! You raped my childhood!")

JLaw was expected to win for all the awards season save post-BAFTA week when pundits fled to Riva camp. But that`s something that GA didn`t follow so all they were bombared with were JLaw JLaw Jlaw.

I am not doubting she didn't had some of the credit to this movie's highs, but it is still hard, when you have another A-lister, who can also open a movie by himself and he have already proven that. I would say 50/50 for both actors.

Wasn't sky high at the oscars? Damn the girl looked like shit on that dress and her face looked like something that was gangbanged.

I feel sorry for her. I honestly think that she is controlled by her PR who are setting up a sorta bad/rebel girl image for her or something in order to make her interesting when she is clealry a very shy, very modest, very regular girl who doesn`t swim lime-light waters very well.

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 2

I am not doubting she didn't had some of the credit to this movie's highs, but it is still hard, when you have another A-lister, who can also open a movie by himself and he have already proven that. I would say 50/50 for both actors.

Yh i agree people are acting like Jlaw was the only star and attraction to this movie.

That`s more due to a) jealousy over Robsten and B) cheating scandal ("how could she do that to Rob?" and "I knew she wasn`t good for him" and "NOOOOOOOOOOO, Robsten wasn`t real! That means Bella and Edward are not real!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn you KSTew! You raped my childhood!")

These people have problems who cares jesus some of them act like it happen to them or a family member so sad lol!